Author Topic: Oklahoma becomes 45th State to allow Open Carry  (Read 3078 times)

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Oklahoma becomes 45th State to allow Open Carry
« on: October 31, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »
You guys probably know, but Oklahoma becomes the 45th state to ok OC, as of tomorrow.   Here in Texas, no such luck.  I prefer to create my own luck, and am gathering petitioners to join with me in a lawsuit against the State of Texas on the grounds that they are infringing upon our rights to "keep and bear arms" (read: "possess and carry firearms" as defined by Heller v D.C.).  McDonald v Chicago invokes equal protection clause of 14th Amendment to forbid states against infringing upon 2nd Amendment.  Thanks to MOC for leading the way and making this fight so much easier.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Oklahoma becomes 45th State to allow Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »
Yes, and we rejoice along with Oklahomans in this welcome change in law.  I was in Texas for a week earlier this month and wish I could have OCed.  Maybe you can fix it for next year! (Although there doesn't seem to be much appetite for it there in Texas, is there?)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
Its great to see people regaining their freedoms!

Good luck down there in Texas, there's no reason OC should be outlawed, it puts no one at risk, out of the 45 states that now alllow OC the risk of firearm injury or death is not higher than any other state. 

Offline Rockhunter 1620

• First Name (Displayed): Frank
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
They are also allowing suppressors or silencers to be used when hunting,(but you still need to pay a $200. fed tax and have a background check). Today, November 1, the pro-gun reforms contained in NRA-Supported Senate Bill 1743 and Senate Bill 1733 will take effect. As you may recall, Senate Bill 1743 is known as the “Landowner’s Hunting Freedom Act,” and allows Oklahoma landowners and their guests to use lawfully possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting. Also, previously reported on here, Senate Bill 1733 is an omnibus firearm bill containing significant improvements to Oklahoma gun laws, including allowing concealed carry permit holders the choice of open carrying. Both of these important bills received strong support in the state Legislature this past session, and were signed by Governor Mary Fallin in May 2012.
The NRA-ILA would like to congratulate the Sooner State on this significant advancement of our Second Amendment rights and hunting heritage, and thank our dedicated NRA members who took an active role in this process by contacting state legislators and Governor Mary Fallin to encourage their support. 
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves! Democracy is nothing more than 2 wolves & a sheep voteing on whats for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep disputing the vote..B. Franklin