Open Carry Specific > OC Experiences

Open carry voting

<< < (3/6) > >>

JSteinmetz:
OC as usual. Didn't get anyone saying anything, but did have one or two election volunteers who were noticeably more polite to me than most of the other people. They were sitting down and I was standing up, so it was pretty obvious what they were looking at, but they didn't say anything one way or the other.

CV67PAT:

--- Quote from: JSteinmetz on November 07, 2012, 10:00:18 AM ---OC as usual. Didn't get anyone saying anything, but did have one or two election volunteers who were noticeably more polite to me than most of the other people. They were sitting down and I was standing up, so it was pretty obvious what they were looking at, but they didn't say anything one way or the other.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly how it was for me. Not even so much as a change in facial expression from them.

I got the feeling that there had been some training/discussion beforehand.

Hammurabi:
Having heard of long wait times, I decided that I likely wouldn't have enough time to stow a gun and sit through lines a second time, so I pocket carried under a denim jacket. Needless to say, there were no looks, comments, or panicked screaming.

gryphon:

--- Quote from: CV67PAT on November 07, 2012, 12:34:51 PM ---I got the feeling that there had been some training/discussion beforehand.

--- End quote ---

In Indiana the SOS was supposed to have told all the polling stations that firearms carry was legal.  It's been in the papers.  Counties are currently being sued as a result of actions in the spring.  So what happens?  At least one report of another voter turned away yesterday because "you can't have that gun in here.  That is voter intimidation!"

Some people will never get it.

CV67PAT:

--- Quote from: gryphon on November 07, 2012, 09:30:16 PM ---In Indiana the SOS was supposed to have told all the polling stations that firearms carry was legal.  It's been in the papers.  Counties are currently being sued as a result of actions in the spring.  So what happens?  At least one report of another voter turned away yesterday because "you can't have that gun in here.  That is voter intimidation!"

Some people will never get it.

--- End quote ---

Any details on this Civil Rights violation?

And yes...

Some people just never will get it! But hopefully they're about to GET IT!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version