Author Topic: Brutal Stabbing caught on camera  (Read 3936 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Brutal Stabbing caught on camera
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
Although this guy had no situational awareness, had he been carrying he still could have fought back even after being stabbed.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/brutal-stabbing-caught-on-camera

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Re: Brutal Stabbing caught on camera
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
It almost looks like both attackers had a knife if you look closely at the second individual in the dark shirt, this guy is probably lucky to have fallen in between the SUV and the wall leaving no room for the second attacker to jump in.  Probably what saved his life..along with fighting back.  Too bad this guy wasnt armed, people like those two attackers need to suffer a little lead poisoning.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Brutal Stabbing caught on camera
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
Notice how quickly the attack develops and how much reaction time you have!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
Dayum.... that's a BIG knife...     yeeeeouch.

Dude was HELLA lucky....   

Imagine shooting from that position...   trying to keep from getting stuck again... trying to not shoot yourslef in the feet/legs... and trying to keep hold of the gun if the perps went for it.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I probably would have been on RED alert as soon as I cleared the door and saw those dudes.....   

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
I'm one of those people who looks at everyone, if its at night and its just two people rather close to me as soon as I walk out a door I immediately watch their movements, check hands, and try to create distance.  I dont know you, I dont know what you want, I assume the worst and prepare for the worst.

But I agree, especially after being stabbed, it will be a lot tougher accessing a firearm, especially a concealed one, from laying on your back while trying to fight off an attacker.  Those advanced firearm defense classes look real handy right about now.

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
If that perp would have known what he was doing he would have been stabbing/cutting legs too...   so crazy...   yikes.