Author Topic: Politics as usual  (Read 7846 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Politics as usual
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
Seems MOC has jumped on the power trippin band wagon in regards to certain people. Considering that members have PAID to be a member. Where does it say in the forum guidelines the posting of links is a reason to be banned from the forum. Lets be honest you can ban anyone you wish, with that being said it takes about 2 minutes to get a new IP. So your power trippin moderators need to understand even though they click ban this member. Does not mean they will not be back. Norton anti sucks Arse and some guy that spells computer with a K banning someone because there network (CHEAP VERSION) of NORTONS supposedly flag some sight is just plain stupid. We all know NORTON sucks when it comes to antivirus protection.
Lets not also mention this is not OCDO nor its forum. What may have happened in the past or even in the future on OCDO with certain members or anyone else does not make it right to continue that same direction here. This person has paid for this service and if you personally dislike this person, fine. However nothing negative has been done here and as stated this person has paid for this service. This person has not violated any written rules in regards to MOC or this FORUM. If you wish to ban any individual for personal reason's that's your and MOC choice too. However I would recommend you seriously consider the outcome of this political B.S.. I usually do not post in this forum as I am not a paying member. As I have stated on OCDO and verbally I support MOC and all this org does daily to forward the movement. MOC has done great things in the past and I think MOC may learn why there are only 2 moderators on OCDO very quickly if issue such as this continue. Personal opinions and lack luster complaints are no reason to ban anyone that has paid for service....

"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Politics as usual
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »
Moderators have no power to ban anyone on this forum. Bans can only be performed when the board authorizes them and then the Admin must do it.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline cabman1

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Wardog6t

Please understand that we Do not take pleasure in banning anyone.That being said the person or people we are banning will get an explanation on why they have been banned.Although we understand it takes only a few minutes to get an new ip.We are hoping that most people will be mature enough not to.We are only trying to do whats best for for the membership as a whole.

With saying that We find post like this to be counter productive and will ask for this thread not to takin any further

thanks for your comments and time.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »
Well from what I have been told. Its your idea to ban an individual for posting a link. http://www.michigan2a.net This do to your NORTON flagging some site someone Posted. Do you have a screen shot? Can you backup your claims? Is this flag through a secure network? Or is just a personal issue to get rid of someone that goes against the grain? Looks and sounds pretty cheesy to me, least you could do is provide some whiz to go with the cheese...

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Sorry I posted this as you were posting your Cab. Thanks for you input, I just dont see anything in the forum guidelines that provides the information in regards to being banned for substance such as this.

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
i pm'ed you.
Shaun Crawford

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
Sorry I don"t get PM's. on this forum.  kd8nny@yahoo.com or kd8nny yahoo IM or (734) 353-0200 trying to do as asked. I will not post in this topic again I feel my concerns have been ackowledged.

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
blah. lol. sorry about that. you have email :-)
Shaun Crawford

stainless1911

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
Maybe I missed the point. Is it, or is it not OK to post links on MOC threads, or no? And If not, why not?

Offline army74

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »
stainless call me need your help on something 248-413-9216 ty

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »
Maybe I missed the point. Is it, or is it not OK to post links on MOC threads, or no? And If not, why not?

Just be careful what they link to. The link in question went to a site that seems to have security issues...

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

stainless1911

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »
stainless call me need your help on something 248-413-9216 ty
Ok, its now 11:30pm tue. As soon as I finish this call. If not Ill try again tomorrow.

stainless1911

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »

Just be careful what they link to. The link in question went to a site that seems to have security issues...

like a virus issue?

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for uphero.com

Site is listed as suspicious – visiting this web site may harm your computer.
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-04-20, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days. This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER), AS21788 (NOC).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, uphero.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
Google site diagnostics is not as in depth...however it appears that the uphero part is what is causing the problem... they have a bunch of sites with that in their address that are infected... this may lead to false positives.

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
ok, enough. this keeps going back and forth. the board is taking care of it. done deal.
:-D

and just as fyi to everyone, it has nothing to do with the sites pat was posting. its more with uphero and a subdomain it hosts. they have had past threats, even as recent as 4/25/2010.
BUT.. this is not something in control of Pat or anyone on our part!

Looks like since they have had some bad stuff in the past, that microsoft and others have flagged the whole domain.
Shaun Crawford