Author Topic: Hello-Long time listener, first time caller  (Read 3422 times)

Offline JonnyKnuckles

Hello-Long time listener, first time caller
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »
Just figured I'd post to say hello from Marquette.  I'm from down state (Eaton Rapids) but am going to school at Northern.  I've been studying up on open carry for the last two years and I'm finally in the process of purchasing a pistol (a little bit of a hassle since I'm only 19).  Both my dad and older brother have their CPLs and I plan on taking my class the day I turn 21.  As for now I plan on only carrying when I'm home down state (can't even possess firearms on campus here).  I'm looking forward to exercising my rights and educating the public. Also, I'm really supportive of MIC and everything you guys stand for.

Offline WilDChilD

Re: Hello-Long time listener, first time caller
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
Just figured I'd post to say hello from Marquette.  I'm from down state (Eaton Rapids) but am going to school at Northern.  I've been studying up on open carry for the last two years and I'm finally in the process of purchasing a pistol (a little bit of a hassle since I'm only 19).  Both my dad and older brother have their CPLs and I plan on taking my class the day I turn 21.  As for now I plan on only carrying when I'm home down state (can't even possess firearms on campus here).  I'm looking forward to exercising my rights and educating the public. Also, I'm really supportive of MOC and everything you guys stand for.
Fify
Oh and welcome!

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
Welcome! I did a semester up at Michigan Tech years ago.  The head of our IT department is from up in your neck of the woods.  I'm sure you guys will run into each other at one of the many UP events we have been holding ::cough, cough::...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
Welcome from Okemos. Being from Eaton Rapids, you know where that is. :)