Author Topic: So, now how long?  (Read 5194 times)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
So, now how long?
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
First I want to say nice meeting and talking to everyone at the Kzoo dinner. I had a good time, and thanks for the info also.

I submitted my CPL app. on Monday. I am "lucky" enough to only have to wait until next Wednesday(5th) for finger prints.The Kzoo gun board meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month (11th). What are the chances the background check is completed in less than a week? Do you figure I will be another four weeks out? Any experiences that may be helpful welcome (heck even if they aren't helpful is okay).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: So, now how long?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
You will wait 3 months if for no other reason than they can make you wait that long.

In Van Buren County it takes 30 days or less on applications that do not require a visit to the gun board. IE nothing questionable on your background checks.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Bummer. And here I live about 1/4 mile from and work in Van Buren County.
Oh well, I'll post when I do receive it. I should be able to at least fall back on my Az. permit for open carry in PFZ's.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
So, I got home tonight and there it was. Dang am I even uglier than I thought. Submitted the las Monday of August kalamazoo co.. my daughter even said yea for me. I'll be strapping on OC in the morning.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
Congrats!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »
That's GRRRRRRRREAT!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:54:30 AM »
I cannot find a picture of Tony the Tiger with a gun.  I am undone.   :(

Offline bagz013

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
Congrats man!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Good thing you don't live in Monroe County, submitted mine Sept. 27th called them today, Nov. 14th., inquiring and they told me mine is scheduled to just now go before the board tomorrow. So still a couple more weeks before I receive something.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
Good luck with the wait... That was the worst part.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »
Monroe Co. Sept. 27, 2012 - Nov. 23, 2012. And wouldn't you know it, the Clerk's offices are closed today the day after Thanksgiving. LOL Guess I will just have to wait a couple more days.  :)
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 02:20:45 AM »
I'm in macomb the clerk told me 4 months till I get mine is that too long?
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
It's always too long of a wait. But under current law, unfortunately not.

Which brings up a point in regards to SB59, when passed. If a person submits via the gun board route and the new law takes affect does anyone have an idea of what happens? Sent straight to the Sheriff, or completed by the gun board?

Soulfyre65

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
Ok, I have a question or two: I live in Belleville....I have taken the CPL course, and have my certificate. Dont I have to take all my application form to the Wayne state police office? I guess that i'm a little confused on this matter. How does the process work?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions....but, I would like to know. Thanks

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Ok, I have a question or two: I live in Belleville....I have taken the CPL course, and have my certificate. Dont I have to take all my application form to the Wayne state police office? I guess that i'm a little confused on this matter. How does the process work?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions....but, I would like to know. Thanks

You go to the Wayne county clerks office. The office on Henry Ruff in Wayne or Westland (I forget) will be quicker than going downtown. They will take your cash and application then send you to the Wayne county sheriff office (same building) for finger prints. Wait a few months and the license arrives in the mail.

My last renewal was in 09 and at that time I had to supply my own photo for the license, I am hearing that the county will now take a digital picture and charge a certain fee for that service, I have no personal knowledge of this though.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
You go to the Wayne county clerks office. The office on Henry Ruff in Wayne or Westland (I forget) will be quicker than going downtown. They will take your cash and application then send you to the Wayne county sheriff office (same building) for finger prints. Wait a few months and the license arrives in the mail.

My last renewal was in 09 and at that time I had to supply my own photo for the license, I am hearing that the county will now take a digital picture and charge a certain fee for that service, I have no personal knowledge of this though.

$10 to take the picture at the Henry Ruff office. If you bring in a passport photo, they still take your picture. But don't charge the fee.

Turnaround time was 29 days for my GF by going to the Henry Ruff satellite office for Wayne County.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Soulfyre65

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate that.