Author Topic: First handgun purchase  (Read 20328 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: First handgun purchase
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »
If I didn't like my A-Team Mini-14 so much (the one I lost in that tragic boating accident while ice fishing last winter) I get rid of it just because of that statement.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »

On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."
        William B. Ruger

For starters

whoa!!!  screw him!  I want a happy stick for my M&P!!!
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 03:26:22 AM »
whoa!!!  screw him!  I want a happy stick for my M&P!!!

Ruger's attorneys wrote what served as model legislation for the Assault Weapons Ban.

Bill Ruger spoke to many firearms people such as Neal Knox who all told him not to do any of the things he was going to do, and he said, "Well somebody's got to do it; by God I will."

Bill Ruger told NBC News' Tom Brokaw that:
•   "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."
•   "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."
•   "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."