Author Topic: Fair, and Zoo, and Root Beer  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
Fair, and Zoo, and Root Beer
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:09:50 AM »
A few recent excursions:

'Berkley Days' fair in Berkley, at the community center on the middle school grounds, crawling with Berkley PD. No issues.

The Detroit Zoo. No problems. One guy made an under-the-breath comment about finding me if the grizzly bear escaped, and one guy yelled 'dang, my man is strapped, look at that .40 caliber!'... its a .45 but whatever, that was no time to pick nits. I answered some questions for him. I guess dragging a radio-flyer full of 3 year olds kind of dumbs down the shock factor.

And on the way home tonight, [this one is OT], I was drinking a root beer in a glass bottle without thinking... and a Ferndale PD followed me home. I got out and was like 'Its just a root beer'. She was like 'yeah I didn't think you'd be that stupid, but I had to ask. By the way your turn signal is not working'...

So that was funny.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
Re: Fair, and Zoo, and Root Beer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:56:34 AM »
"that stupid" eh?
so she was implying you were still stupid though.... :-P
Shaun Crawford

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
Nice day EC.  Who's gonna be the one to set up the Detroit Zoo picnic?

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 09:17:05 AM »
11 bucks a person, but other than that, I'd do the zoo again.

Offline DanM

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
. . . I'd do the zoo again.

I know what you're meaning to say, but the way this is phrased it just sounds wrong on so many levels.   ;D

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 08:05:51 PM »
11 bucks a person, but other than that, I'd do the zoo again.

If you an your girl/kids like going, or plan on going more than a few times, you can get a yearly pass for like 70 bucks.  Sounds like a lot, but considering how nice it is to come and go as you please, as often as  you'd like, plus the membership parking right across from the entrance it's a great deal.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »
plus the membership parking right across from the entrance

Zoo members get a special parking lot?  How is that fair?  Why do they get to have special things and I can't have them?  Oh yeah, because they PAID for them.

Sorry for the hijack but I had to give a little dig to all the folks who think members only stuff should be open to everyone  ;D

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »
I've been talking with zoo officials. Im trying to get a "second amendment day" at the zoo. Many other sectors of our society have their own day there.

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:55:15 AM »
I've been talking with zoo officials. Im trying to get a "second amendment day" at the zoo. Many other sectors of our society have their own day there.

Not to hijack, but this is a great little marketing idea that works.  Sprinkler calls officials and asks how to start a 2A day there.  Then, in the proceeding week, has all of his friends and relatives call all the time asking when the 2A day is.  When Admin says there isn't one, they can ask why not, or some other silly thing.  By the time the week or two is over, and administration has received masses of calls asking when the day is, they'll quickly realize the demand for said day.  lol

I've done that with a few car shows, and other things.  If the number of follow-ups are up there, it will work.

Have a good day!!

Jeff

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 01:28:57 PM »
One thing to keep in mind though, is that the zoo is owned by Detroit... and we all know about Detroit and gun rights.

and Cykes, they were actually my nieces and nephew... no kids for me yet, i'm just 21 this year  :D