Author Topic: Another Glock going off :)  (Read 6753 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Another Glock going off :)
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
The good news: he did this while in a doctor's parking lot.
The bad news: it was an ObGyn.

+++++

Police say the accident occurred at about 12:35 while 22-year-old Nicholas W. Durnil, Washington, was waiting in the parking lot. He was wiping down a .40-caliber Glock handgun when it accidentally discharged sending a bullet into his left thigh.

http://www.duboiscountyfreepress.com/accidental-shooting-in-drs-parking-lot/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
Accidental discharge, my butt. It was an ND!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Tail2spin

• Doug
Re: Another Glock going off :)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:26:50 AM »
ND?
Doug

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »

Offline METL

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
Always happens "when cleaning" or "wiping down"....  WT-F- was he doing "wiping it down" while sitting in the parking lot?!    Give me a break... that whole "cleaning it and it went off" is a cover story for dumb-dumbs that PULL THE TRIGGER....     

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
Always happens "when cleaning" or "wiping down"....  WT-F- was he doing "wiping it down" while sitting in the parking lot?!    Give me a break... that whole "cleaning it and it went off" is a cover story for dumb-dumbs that PULL THE TRIGGER....   

+1

I only clear or wipe down my firearm when I am at home (or wherever I am staying) and only after I've unloaded it.

Aside from that, I handle it gingerly when loaded, usually only to transfer holsters.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »

WHOA THERE... It's a Glock. That's to be expected from them. They have no safety and will go off all by themselves. This is precisely why I NEVER leave my Glock in an assembled state. It is always field stripped with the ammo stored at a different location. I'm not taking any chances with one of those dangerous guns.

I once heard a story about a guy that knew a fellow that heard about his cousin's boyfriend's uncle getting shot by one that accidentally went off while stored in a safe. But I think it was in a Serpa holster. :o
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
Oh wait... I just remembered that I think I lost that Glock in that horrific boating accident I had last winter while ice fishing. ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline METL

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »
Mine must be busted or soemthing...   it only goes off when I press the bang button!!!!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
Mine must be busted or soemthing...   it only goes off when I press the bang button!!!!
You might be able to get that fixed under warranty.

Offline METL

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
You might be able to get that fixed under warranty.

I would send it in, but I"m afraid it might shoot the UPS guy!!     

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:03 AM »
 Love my Glock 19 . You know mine will go off only if I pull the trigger. Darn I will have that fixed Carry On. 8) :D
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
I seen more glocks ad and blow up then any other pistol.

I did some water test on my glock after dipping it it would shoot one time then ftf. After i cleaned it it worked fine. Under water i got 1 shot off then it ftf. Same ammo in my P226 i shot a mag under water with no problems never had a issue.  But then again its a sig i would expect nothing less from the warfighter go to pistol.

But to this date i personaly seen 8 glocks chambers blow on factory ammo.  My personal glock to this date had 2 AD's thank god it was at the range after each one the whole gun was taken apart and inspected i no longer use it.

On the topic of AD i got as Rem 700 that has that nice ad feature of when you put the safety on if a round is chamber some times it will set it off.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

On the topic of AD i got as Rem 700 that has that nice ad feature of when you put the safety on if a round is chamber some times it will set it off.
That's one way of clearing the weapon.