Author Topic: Carry in a vehicle without a CPL  (Read 10797 times)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
Re: Carry in a vehicle without a CPL
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
Unloaded and separated from the ammo means no ammo in the gun whatsoever.
Placed in a locked container designed for the pistol means a case that has a lock on it.
Then use an elastic strap, commonly refereed to as a bungee cord, to secure the locked case to the motorcycle. I myself would not open carry on a motorcycle without a CPL. Nor would I carry inside of a backpack on my person while on the motorcycle. If I didn'r have a CPL, I would personally be comfortable with transporting the pistol in a locked container designed for a pistol inside of the backpack strapped to the motorcycle.

Exactly the answer I was looking for.  I shouldn't have to worry about being pulled over anyway but if someone where to see me putting the gun (in a locked case) into my backpack (and my ammo in the locked trunk) and say something, if that would be an instant trip to the slammer or if that would be acceptable as there is no other "storage compartments" on the bike.

As for open carrying on the bike I completely understand about that being a grey area and don't plan on doing that unless someone proves it to be completely leagal to do so!
Thanks for the help
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
Re: Carry in a vehicle without a CPL
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
You can carry a loaded firearm anywhere, anytime, anyway in the U.S. but, you have to have a lot of money to buy a Great Lawyer to defend your 2nd Amendment right to Keep and Bear Arms which shall not be Infringed" Now to answer your Question in the realm of the Current Printed Laws (Which most are Unconstitutional) one stands out...Sections 2 (MCL 28.422) and 9 (MCL 28.429). The only way to carry a loaded fire arm in a Vehicle without a CPL is to carry a Black Powder Pistol, It does not fall under the the CPL requirements. That is to say you can Purchase a BP Pistol at age 18 from a FFL dealer, no purchase permit is required, and as the law is written, you do not need a CPL to transport it, or carry it. The state and Feds do not recognize it as a Fire Arm. Since it is not considered a Firearm it does not fall under the CPL laws, and can be carried loaded in a Car/Truck with out a CPL. Now that being said some here and almost all LEO' and Lawyers will say the last part is grey so research it for yourself.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!