General Category > Off Topic Stuff

To Promote at Gun shows that ban guns or not

(1/6) > >>

TheQ:
This topic came up during our leadership meeting this evening.  The topic was droning on and there were impassioned opinions on each side.  For the sake of getting on with the business of the meeting I asked people to take the discussion to the Forum.  Well, here's the thread, discuss -- someone start!

Topic: Should we (Michigan Open Carry, Inc.) go to gun shows and get a table to promote our organization if said gun shows don't permit the lawful carry of a holstered, loaded handgun(open or concealed) without unloading the gun and zip tying the trigger or otherwise disabling the firearm?

Super Trucker:
No, because when you try to educate folks that it is wrong to have a gun show without guns, they look at you and say "I met you at that type of location".

Ezerharden:
Yep, I was schooled tonight. "NO COMPROMISE, NO COMPROMISE" yet every one of us "compromises" just by following the law. Compromises from what carry should be, that being Constitutional carry. That being said, I offered the idea up to try and gain membership (being down what, 13 members this month?). So I will not delve into this venue again as so many are so vehemently opposed to it. I will focus on other areas to try to gain memberships. Gun clubs were mentioned, will look into it, maybe the craft shows I jokingly commented on might bea  good idea too. After all, isn't reloading a craft of sorts?

TheQ:

--- Quote from: Ezerharden on November 28, 2012, 12:09:13 AM ---Yep, I was schooled tonight. "NO COMPROMISE, NO COMPROMISE" yet every one of us "compromises" just by following the law. Compromises from what carry should be, that being Constitutional carry. That being said, I offered the idea up to try and gain membership (being down what, 13 members this month?). So I will not delve into this venue again as so many are so vehemently opposed to it. I will focus on other areas to try to gain memberships. Gun clubs were mentioned, will look into it, maybe the craft shows I jokingly commented on might bea  good idea too. After all, isn't reloading a craft of sorts?

--- End quote ---

Month over month membership is less significant than year over year....

Most businesses measure year over year performance.

Ezerharden:
If it is so useless a piece of data then why mention it every month at the meetings? Either way, if anyone else wants to pursue trying to get members at gun shows, more power to them, I will focus on other venues instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version