General Category > Announcements

A statement from the leadership of Michigan Open Carry on the Passage of SB 59

<< < (2/11) > >>

Ezerharden:

--- Quote from: TheQ on November 29, 2012, 11:17:24 PM ---I'll look forward to your PM about being on the leadership team.

--- End quote ---

Care to answer why 1 day could not be given to let the members have some input? As to the PM, I just might.

scot623:

--- Quote from: Ezerharden on November 29, 2012, 10:57:53 PM ---Glad the membership had some input into this support. So now if you accidentally expose your firearm while concealed in a CEZ, you can face charges? I mean who determines if it was intentional?

--- End quote ---

The accidental part exposure isn't correct. It must be willful. You don't feel the benefit to the 340,000 CPL holders was worth the compromise? Keep in mind, this loophole could have been closed anyways... At least it comes with a huge benefit.

CV67PAT:
I didn't necessarily like to "push the issue" when I am in the PFZs and am forced to OC. I run the risk of expulsion from college. Kicked out of my granddaughters school. Being refused treatment at the public hospital.And also refused entry to the hockey games at the public authority owned arena.

I feel that I have a better chance of prevailing in a lawsuit now in the event that I am refused entry to these places with an exempt CPL. Before, all of these places could be problematic exercising the oc loophole.

gryphon:
I do not like the extra training requirement, but I support MOC's position, and stated my support of this prior to the announcement here.  Overall there is more win than lose.

I await to see what the final legislation looks like.  Any early indication if there is any desire to change it in the House?

TheQ:

--- Quote from: gryphon on November 30, 2012, 12:48:43 AM ---I await to see what the final legislation looks like.  Any early indication if there is any desire to change it in the House?

--- End quote ---

Governor won't sign it w/o the "OC PFZ ban".

We'll take up that fight another day.  For now, we support the legislation as passed by the senate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version