Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 4124 times)

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
Apologies
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »
On behalf of myself as MOC IT Director...

My apologies to Pat who has recently been banned on MOC Forums and now again with full access back here. Upon further review of all the information presented in front of myself, Pat made no violations that meant for a ban against him. As far as Virus/Trojan information goes, that was in no part something that he, himself tried to do. It was/is a vendor/server side problem with the hosting provider/url redirector.

As IT Director, I will be working out a "ban hammer" written process that will be followed in the future that will hopefully clear up any problems before a full force public response is posted against an individual by any members on the forums or MOC. As far as I am concerned, this function should be used only as a complete last resort and should not have been even used in this case either.

My apologies Pat! Hopefully we can get better at this! :-)

Thank you,
Shaun Crawford
MOC IT Director
Shaun Crawford

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
My thanks to ViperAR15, Autosurgeon and Jeff Sayers for taking care of this.

I'm certain that the 6000 hits by an individual did not help things. It was found out who he is and those activities ceased once he discovered he was being tracked.

The other claim, of illegal activity that was investigated and found to be false, certainly added to the feeding frenzy.

Nonetheless, the truth was revealed.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Apologies
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
I am glad this has been ironed out!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."