Author Topic: Open Carry in Taylor  (Read 3213 times)

Offline MrMike40Cal

Open Carry in Taylor
« on: December 07, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »
I was at Leons Restaurant on 12-5-12  in Taylor setting up a date to have an Open Carry dinner when some of Taylors police was there eating. The police noticed me carrying a firearm on my side. As I was talking with the owner of the restaurant the police approached me stopped and talk to me about my gun in plan view on my side. They where not crazy about how I O.C. my firearm. I told them thats its my God giving right and I wont let anyone stop me. I also explain that I know that I can defend myself when ever may needed and that I cant count on any cops to be around to protect me. I told them that .O.C.  is my thing and I always will do to help educate others and to help support the right to O.C. I told them that Im on there side, that Im one of the good guys not one of the bad guys. I noticed one of the cops had his hand right next to his firearm. That same cop said we cant even I.D. him (me) to see if Im ok to carry.I expressed and said to them that crime is on the rise and they did agree. It all went good. Note: The more I get stopped by cops the more relaxed and easier  it gets to defend myself about O.C.

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
Re: Open Carry in Taylor
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
glad everything went good but how did the meeting with the restaurant owner go after the police left
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline MrMike40Cal

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
He wants to check with his attorney about us being there with our guns. But, he supports O.C. hes a great guy.  :)

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
Keep us in the Loop. I'd love to OC in Taylor.  8)
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!