Author Topic: grips  (Read 6227 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
grips
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »
over the past 6 months i have tried a few grips for my EDC
1. hogue handall - was nice to have finger grooves. but was a super bulky grip. i used for a couple weeks then found another
2. tuff 1 http://www.tuff1.com/ these have been on my pistol for the last 4-5 months. great grips absolutley liked them, much less bulky than the handall.
3. my latest venture was the traction grips. tractiongrips.com i have not shot with them yet but really like the feel of them. will let you guys know after i shoot with them

what kind of after market grips do you use or have used in the past and like?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: grips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »
I've tried a Hogue slip-on grip for one of my S&Ws.  I think it might be a Hogue Handall.  I liked it and didn't find it too bulky for my hand or to wear.  Of course, I OC, so wearing it isn't a problem.  I currently do not have it on the gun.  I like the gun both ways, actually.  That's the only grip change I've made on any of my pistols.   

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
:( I haven't tried out any other grips than the standard gen 4 pattern on my Glock.  I like the way that feels so I haven't tried anything else yet.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
:( I haven't tried out any other grips than the standard gen 4 pattern on my Glock.  I like the way that feels so I haven't tried anything else yet.

glock feel kind of awkward to me, i shot a 19 over the weekend and my fat fingers seem too small for the 19. a 17 felt decent in my hands.

my sd has no finger grooves. so i was looking for alternatives.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
I hear people like talon grips for their glocks, or stippling them but I'm just not ready to do that sort of thing, I would need to feel someone elses first.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
I hear people like talon grips for their glocks, or stippling them but I'm just not ready to do that sort of thing, I would need to feel someone elses first.

look the same as traction grips lol. and traction grips are bit less. i paid $10 with free shipping off amazon. galloway precision sells them

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »
I think foxx holsters even has a gun grip line as well.  I really enjoy their products, maybe I will give that a try for the heck of it one day.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 04:45:50 PM »
I think foxx holsters even has a gun grip line as well.  I really enjoy their products, maybe I will give that a try for the heck of it one day.

probably all the same material. i had to borrow a blow dryer to install mine as i dont have one lol

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 04:49:26 PM »
EH, just put it in the oven.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
um no. i debated using a space heater lol

Offline welshj

• First Name (Displayed): Joel
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »
I got mine at a shop down here.
I had been looking for a set for my kimber ultra carry and had a tough time finding them for the compacts.
The ones I did find I didn't much like.
These were made by a local CNC operator and have grooves cut more for decoration-
but they work well with my big hands and are a little bulkier than the OG grips- good for my big hands.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: grips
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 07:25:06 PM »
Tuff1 grip review with pics.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/tyler-kee/gear-review-tuff1-gun-grip-covers/

Well not to ruin the tuff 1 grips for anyone.... they are IIRC distributed / some how involved with Hi-Point... dunn dunn dunn! So think about that if you are a prissy brand whore...otherwise buy with confidence. ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
Re: Re: grips
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »
Well not to ruin the tuff 1 grips for anyone.... they are IIRC distributed / some how involved with Hi-Point... dunn dunn dunn! So think about that if you are a prissy brand whore...otherwise buy with confidence. ;)

i had the black skull grip for a long time on my SD. loved it, just wanted something that wasnt slip on