Author Topic: OC at the State Capitol Building in Lansing  (Read 4836 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
OC at the State Capitol Building in Lansing
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
At most of you know there was a meeting in Lansing on SB59 and President Phil and I attended the meeting where House Natural Resources committee who voted to move SB 59 H-2 to the full House Floor.  After the meeting Phil gave me the One Dollar Tour of the House Floor and the Senate Floor from the seating gallery.  I was Open Carrying all the time and it was not hard to notice the parade of MSP who kept waking by the meeting room, those who also stood on the other side of the dome and peered in the room.  Once the meeting was over, one could not miss the shear number of bodyguards Phil and I had as we walked to the Gallery of both the House and Senate Floor.  Inside the dome all anyone had to do was look up and you would have seen at leat 6 MSP officers hanging over the railing watching our every move.  I would personally like to thank the very nice MSP officer who stood guard over Phil and myself as we sat in the Gallery for the House of Representatives and insured my safety.

I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline METL

Re: OC at the State Capitol Building in Lansing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
 ;D      Cool story bro.   (really)

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
So for those of us out of state, did it pass?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
OC at the State Capitol Building in Lansing
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
So for those of us out of state, did it pass?

Yes, committee, house, then senate concurred.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
Ok thank you.

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »
At most of you know there was a meeting in Lansing on SB59 and President Phil and I attended the meeting where House Natural Resources committee who voted to move SB 59 H-2 to the full House Floor.  After the meeting Phil gave me the One Dollar Tour of the House Floor and the Senate Floor from the seating gallery.  I was Open Carrying all the time and it was not hard to notice the parade of MSP who kept waking by the meeting room, those who also stood on the other side of the dome and peered in the room.  Once the meeting was over, one could not miss the shear number of bodyguards Phil and I had as we walked to the Gallery of both the House and Senate Floor.  Inside the dome all anyone had to do was look up and you would have seen at leat 6 MSP officers hanging over the railing watching our every move.  I would personally like to thank the very nice MSP officer who stood guard over Phil and myself as we sat in the Gallery for the House of Representatives and insured my safety.

Wow ballsey as heck! Don't know that I would have tried that in that venue... Way to go! Cool story. I've never been to the capitol. Hummmmmmm!
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline Raggs

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
;D      Cool story bro.   (really)

Just curious, was Phil also open carrying?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
Just curious, was Phil also open carrying?

I don't generally open carry while lobbying (it just doesn't work with the suit).  Wednesday wasn't an exception.  I have OC'd in the Capitol before -- in fact, many times last week.

That being said, I have concealed carry every time while lobbying.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).