Author Topic: Guns need food. Starve them.  (Read 2482 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Guns need food. Starve them.
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
So as odious as it sounds, the argument that "criminals are going to get guns" is a valid one...but let's face it: These instruments of hunting, aggression, and self-defense are here among us. There aren't perishable. But bullets — bullets are a different story. An interesting story.

Because ammunition is gun food, if we can starve the guns a bit, or change the way ammunition sales are regulated and controlled, perhaps we can change the way guns are used.

If we can figure out a reasonable way to limit both the number of bullets that someone can buy as well as the type of magazine that allows them to shoot an unreasonable amount of bullets in a single session, there may be a way to tame some of the value (the ease of use) that attracts criminals and, let's call them the evil opportunists — the people who need a stress to push them to use guns on innocent people.

http://news.yahoo.com/guns-food-starve-them-204300539.html

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: Guns need food. Starve them.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
Funny stuff! Ammo has a shelf life- yeah, 50-60 YEARS or more. I'll be dead & gone before my ammo is!

From the article: Ammunition degrades because the gunpower inside of it does not last forever in the compressed state that it lives.
Reality: few loads are 'compressed'

Article: Let's put aside the cartridges used for hunting and sporting. Those are easily identifiable. We can exclude them from this exercise.
Reality: This is so laughable its sad.....

Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Guns need food. Starve them.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:26 PM »
Reload!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).