Author Topic: NY Governor Cuomo on guns: ‘Confiscation could be an option’  (Read 7583 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
NY Governor Cuomo on guns: ‘Confiscation could be an option’
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »
In an interview conducted Thursday on WGDJ-AM, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he will propose gun control legislation in the 2013 session, and everything will be on the table — up to and including outright confiscation of weapons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/nyregion/cuomo-says-he-will-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: NY Governor Cuomo on guns: ‘Confiscation could be an option’
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
In an interview conducted Thursday on WGDJ-AM, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he will propose gun control legislation in the 2013 session, and everything will be on the table — up to and including outright confiscation of weapons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/nyregion/cuomo-says-he-will-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html

They still have AM radio stations? Who knew....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
They still have AM radio stations? Who knew....
Gryphon knew. ;)

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 07:29:13 AM »
Confiscations...? Wow good luck with that one.. I see a lot of shootings in New Yorks future if that is the route they wish to take... Yikes...
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
Police Wonder If They’ll Need To Confiscate Assault Weapons In Event Of Ban

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Amid talk of reinstating the assault weapons ban that expired eight years ago, police departments nationwide are thinking of ways to confiscate such weapons.

As WCBS 880’s Marla Diamond reported, among the departments considering taking action is the NYPD. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said if Congress were to reinstate the ban, police are wondering whether it will be their responsibility to confiscate them.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/police-wonder-if-theyll-need-to-confiscate-assault-weapons-in-event-of-ban/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »
Police Wonder If They’ll Need To Confiscate Assault Weapons In Event Of Ban

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Amid talk of reinstating the assault weapons ban that expired eight years ago, police departments nationwide are thinking of ways to confiscate such weapons.

As WCBS 880’s Marla Diamond reported, among the departments considering taking action is the NYPD. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said if Congress were to reinstate the ban, police are wondering whether it will be their responsibility to confiscate them.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/police-wonder-if-theyll-need-to-confiscate-assault-weapons-in-event-of-ban/

The last AWB didn't ban semi-automatic rifles, it only banned the sale of them.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
I know.  Any more you can't tell if the person in the story doesn't know what he/she is talking about or press is misquoting them, but one thing always seems to be clear, the press rarely UNDERSTANDS the story.  This applies to both firearms and non-firearms stories.  I am continually shocked by how uninformed the media is on a wide variety of things.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
I know.  Any more you can't tell if the person in the story doesn't know what he/she is talking about or press is misquoting them, but one thing always seems to be clear, the press rarely UNDERSTANDS the story.  This applies to both firearms and non-firearms stories.  I am continually shocked by how uninformed the media is on a wide variety of things.

Take what you read in main media outlets with a grain of salt.

I've been fairly impressed by smaller outlets like many "Patch" sources.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:56 PM »
Time to dust off my milita bdu (battle dress uniform) We the people are the guarantors' of the people's rights that are enumerated in the US Constit.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Time to dust off my milita bdu (battle dress uniform)

I prefer to OC wearing grey dress slacks and a white shirt.  I'm curious how wearing BDUs help you.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
I prefer to OC wearing grey dress slacks and a white shirt.  I'm curious how wearing BDUs help you.

You've almost overtaken the #3 poster spot of all times.  Autosurgeon better get it in gear! ;)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »
Time to dust off my milita bdu (battle dress uniform) We the people are the guarantors' of the people's rights that are enumerated in the US Constit.

For me it is casual style cargo pants and either a tee shirt or a polo shirt, depending on where I am going.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 09:15:59 PM »
But, but, but, I read that the hope and change people were so great they couldn't do anything to take away any gun rights.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »
But, but, but, I read that the hope and change people were so great they couldn't do anything to take away any gun rights.

True, all the social(ist) programs have all but eliminated crime and injustice! Time for a group hug, and another round of Kumbayah!

Those who refuse to work will live as comfortably as those who DO work- what a great system! No more paying for your bad choices; society will pick up the bill. Nirvana!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline METL

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
First off, I doubt most cops and/or military would take part in any consfication schemes....   and unless they could cover every place in teh US at the same time, word would get out ahead of time and people would band together and be ready.  It would be a suicide mission for anyone trying to take the guns.

This leaves the only option to be the UN...   I don't see that happening..and I sure don't see it going over well.

Gun owners, while unorganized, present a formidable sized army.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »
METL, did you mean to use purple text?
We can not get 5 gun owners to agree on anything most of the time. Most cave in at the first opportunity to do so, I highly doubt most would have the backbone to put up a fight.
I also believe most cops would blindly do what they are told to do, they wouldn't want to give up their bennies.