Author Topic: Sb-59 Redux  (Read 4004 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Sb-59 Redux
« on: December 24, 2012, 11:07:04 PM »
From my understanding Sb-59 was a failure from the begining having issues from the start. The people and our government want to stop the violance.

My propsoal:

Submit a new bill focusing on not just guns and PFZ zones but more of criminals.

Raise the mandatory sentance for the theft of any firearm to 10 years.

Mandatory 20 years sentance for commiting a crime with a stolen firearm.

Concurrent theft and use of stolen firearm while committing a crime. Life without parole.

Remove all PFZ zones from the current CPL status while adding 8 hours of additional CPL training to the current requirement.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Sb-59 Redux
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
Something to think about 8) Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
wardog6t I agree with everything except the mandatory extra 8 hours of training, I am not against extra training I am against it being required by the government. We are responsible gun owners not criminals.

Offline fsr402

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
wardog6t I agree with everything except the mandatory extra 8 hours of training, I am not against extra training I am against it being required by the government. We are responsible gun owners not criminals.

I'm with the added training. I took my CPL class about a month ago. There were three people in there that had never even fired a gun before. Now they are legal to carry.. I would also like stricter laws pertaining the mental problems. One of the guys I work with had committed himself to a mental hospital for like a month but because he did it himself and not court mandated it was fine and he was still able to get his CPL. The guy really is a nut job. 

Offline Raggs

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »
I am ok with added training as well, I think people should not be in a CPL class if they have "never even fired a gun before" I think that is an issue with the person who taught the class. I do not believe that the Government should mandate more hoops people must go through to exercise their 2nd Amendment right. I would agree that the mental health care in this country is WOEFULLY inadequate.

I'm with the added training. I took my CPL class about a month ago. There were three people in there that had never even fired a gun before. Now they are legal to carry.. I would also like stricter laws pertaining the mental problems. One of the guys I work with had committed himself to a mental hospital for like a month but because he did it himself and not court mandated it was fine and he was still able to get his CPL. The guy really is a nut job.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »
I only recommend the training for outside the home,modules. As this was part of the old bill. However instead making  it a requirement rather than a option.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

doesch

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
From the letter I got from our "wonderful" Governor it seems like he'll continue to oppose PFZ bills. I think that's wrong, that said wouldn't it make more sense to push reforms like your sentencing ideas, improving the speed and ease of obtaining a CPL, and reducing the cost of a CPL Process (the self defense & 2A tax). With the current Governor it seems like a better approach to improve what we can, rather than watching him throw out other needed reforms over PFZ's. I think a PFZ bill should be pushed on it's own given the current climate and likelihood of being signed into law.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
I suspect that any gun law that goes before the Governor it wont pass unless the OC in PFZ "loophole" is closed.