Author Topic: We Will Not Disarm  (Read 7723 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline Mando21

Re: We Will Not Disarm
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
Not to seem too pessimistic... but lots of people say that, and yet I get the feeling that when it comes right down to it most Molon Labe types would just give in.  It seems to be the standard response whenever "our" government wants something.  It is so easy to post on the internet that you will never disarm....
The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
Not to seem too pessimistic... but lots of people say that, and yet I get the feeling that when it comes right down to it most Molon Labe types would just give in.  It seems to be the standard response whenever "our" government wants something.  It is so easy to post on the internet that you will never disarm....

What you're not understanding is that no one is saying that when the FBI kicks in their door that they're going to come out guns blazing....    IT would be an impossibility for the govt to simultaneously execute any type of confiscation....  once people started seeing what was going on, I don't think they would stand for it....

If there was some sort of buy back like they did in Australia, who knows... 

I know what you are saying about keyboard commandos and such, but I think that if they tried to pull a Katrina and round up peoples stuff, they would start meeting with some pretty intense resistance a couple days in to their "operation"....

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »

What you're not understanding is that no one is saying that when the FBI kicks in their door that they're going to come out guns blazing....    IT would be an impossibility for the govt to simultaneously execute any type of confiscation....  once people started seeing what was going on, I don't think they would stand for it....

If there was some sort of buy back like they did in Australia, who knows... 

I know what you are saying about keyboard commandos and such, but I think that if they tried to pull a Katrina and round up peoples stuff, they would start meeting with some pretty intense resistance a couple days in to their "operation"....

I disagree.
Look at the recent loss of gun rights here in MI, about 6 people were upset the rest layed down and said ok.

Offline Mando21

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »
What recent loss of gun rights?  Are you referring to Michigan pistols?  Or did I miss something else?
The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
We Will Not Disarm
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
What recent loss of gun rights?  Are you referring to Michigan pistols?  Or did I miss something else?
Maybe he means the SB 59 veto?

We didn't really lose any rights there, but you can see what he needs…
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »

You are correct.
SB 760-762 passed with flying colors and about 6 people were the only ones upset that they lost yet another line of defense.
Those with a CPL didn't gain a damn thing in 2012 yet most don't have a clue that they lost.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Maybe he means the SB 59 veto?

We didn't really lose any rights there, but you can see what he needs…

You are also correct, we didn't lose anything or gain anything with that bill.

Offline METL

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »

I disagree.
Look at the recent loss of gun rights here in MI, about 6 people were upset the rest layed down and said ok.

So you think if they got their collecting swat teams fired up and into action that they're just going to go door to door across america and grab all the guns and meet no organized resistance?   I highly doubt that.   There have already be LEOs and Military who've stated plainly they will absolutely not do it because it's a suicide mission.

I agree the michigan pistol retraction is lame.  NOthing stopping someone from carrying an AR pistol or AK pistol though....   

Offline Raggs

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:10 AM »
To bad, I would hope they would not do it because of their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God. "

So you think if they got their collecting swat teams fired up and into action that they're just going to go door to door across america and grab all the guns and meet no organized resistance?   I highly doubt that.   There have already be LEOs and Military who've stated plainly they will absolutely not do it because it's a suicide mission.

I agree the michigan pistol retraction is lame.  NOthing stopping someone from carrying an AR pistol or AK pistol though....   

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
Unfortunately for some they're just words  :-[