Author Topic: weapons legislation  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Seasick007

• First Name (Displayed): JML
weapons legislation
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

I am writing to you in reference to the up coming weapons legislation. I urge you to consider alternative means other than banning weapons, specifically "assault" style weapons and large capacity magazines. While I do believe they should be registration for ALL weapons, banning them isn't the solution. I recently went to my first gun show. I chose an Egyptian Maadi AKM, the same gun used in the filming of the first Red Dawn. It was a private owners table, not a FFL
 dealer. I did not have enough cash on me nor could I get any as the banks where closed for the weekend. I gave him a deposit and he met me Monday near my house where we concluded the sale in the trunks of our cars, cash for weapon, no receipt, no trace. This has to change, certainly, but banning the sale of them is is a complete disregard for our 2nd amendment. I would rather see registration for all firearms regardless of size or use, and that in itself would be a huge step toward the safe sale and use of the weapons. Higher fines for not keeping your firearm secure. More crimes are committed with stolen weapons, crimes that could have been prevented if the owner of the weapon had taken better or any precaution against theft. Find a way to make secure storage a law and you would do much more to making this country safe than banning weapons, in general.

Sincerely,
 your constituent,
James M LoTempio

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: weapons legislation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
As I keep saying, gun owners are their own worst enemy.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
If YOU were uncomfortable with this type of transaction then why did YOU do it? Tell me what registration would accomplish?

I am writing to you in reference to the up coming weapons legislation. I urge you to consider alternative means other than banning weapons, specifically "assault" style weapons and large capacity magazines. While I do believe they should be registration for ALL weapons, banning them isn't the solution. I recently went to my first gun show. I chose an Egyptian Maadi AKM, the same gun used in the filming of the first Red Dawn. It was a private owners table, not a FFL
 dealer. I did not have enough cash on me nor could I get any as the banks where closed for the weekend. I gave him a deposit and he met me Monday near my house where we concluded the sale in the trunks of our cars, cash for weapon, no receipt, no trace. This has to change, certainly, but banning the sale of them is is a complete disregard for our 2nd amendment. I would rather see registration for all firearms regardless of size or use, and that in itself would be a huge step toward the safe sale and use of the weapons. Higher fines for not keeping your firearm secure. More crimes are committed with stolen weapons, crimes that could have been prevented if the owner of the weapon had taken better or any precaution against theft. Find a way to make secure storage a law and you would do much more to making this country safe than banning weapons, in general.

Sincerely,
 your constituent,
James M LoTempio

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
weapons legislation
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
An Michigan Open Carry member that supports registration!?!?

I think on gonna be sick....
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
Firearms registration?  Preventing private sales?  And you want to punish the lawful firearms owner if his house is broken into and robbed?

Wow.

Offline Mando21

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
Sure, let's let our wonderful leaders know where all the weapons are so that the children of America will be safe, I mean, politicians are so honest, they would never use registration to confiscate weaponry, right?  Not like in Great Briton and Australia...
The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
I mean, politicians are so honest, they would never use registration to confiscate weaponry, right?  Not like in Great Briton and Australia...

Don't forget New Zeeland, Cuba, China, Soviet Union ..... And on and on .....

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
If I recall correctly, in the first 'Red Dawn' movie, they used registration records to find all the weapons the law abiding citizens had. Yup, there's a good argument FOR registration.....

You realize you've wandered into the Anti Brady campaign headquarters, right?
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »
  :) Right On Carry On  8).
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator

Offline hubblejj

• First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
Seasick007

you made a reference that you bought a rifle that was in the first Red Dawn movie, you also say that all guns should be registered.  You should go back and watch that movie again and pick out the part where they talk about the invading army going to the weapons registration and found out there where guns missing.  The guns that the kids took with them when they bugged out.  That is how some of the men were put in the prison camps. Now yes this is a strech, but it could happen, I just thought it was ironic that you mentioned Red Dawn and registering guns in the same conversation.
When the Government fears the people you have Freedom, When the people fear the Government you have Tyranny

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
An Michigan Open Carry member that supports registration!?!?

I think on gonna be sick....
+1
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »
Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool.... Then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

This comes to mind when reading the selfish ramblings of the OP.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
Talks about registration, but joins so he can buy and sell weapons.  WTF?
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
I think we should make murder against the law.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »

Sincerely,
 your constituent,
James M LoTempio
What the f*** was the point of this? I am left with more questions than I can even think of.

I like to take long sh!ts too but you dont see me posting about it on the internet.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
Annnddd this is a perfect example of why some animals choose to eat their young........
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway