Author Topic: Purchase permit  (Read 3086 times)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
Purchase permit
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
My girlfriend is looking at purchasing her first handgun. I recently heard you no longer need purchase permits from certain places.  If we go to, say, gander mountain or silver bullet would she need a purchase permit?  I'd like to figure it out before we get somewhere and then have to go back for a permit.  Thanks!   
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Re: Purchase permit
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
My girlfriend is looking at purchasing her first handgun. I recently heard you no longer need purchase permits from certain places.  If we go to, say, gander mountain or silver bullet would she need a purchase permit?  I'd like to figure it out before we get somewhere and then have to go back for a permit.  Thanks!
If you buy from a FFL places that sell guns) you DO NOT need a PP.  The store will do the background check.  Ask if you need to send in paperwork to the state for registration.  I think the store does that, but not sure.

If you buy from a private person and do not have a CPL then you need a PP and can get it from most any Police or sheriffs department, that is it doesn't have to be your city PD.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks that's what I had heard, just wanted to make sure it was true.
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks that's what I had heard, just wanted to make sure it was true.

My city police headquarters sends the copy to the state police, you will likely just have to turn in your agency and MSP copy to your police headquarters and they will do the rest.