Author Topic: What is an assault rifle? War of the Words  (Read 3467 times)

Offline rampage537

• First Name (Displayed): Greg
What is an assault rifle? War of the Words
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »
What is an assault rifle?

The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible. Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
Re: What is an assault rifle? War of the Words
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
This guy does a great job!
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Pyzik

• Not a sheep, a wolf or a sheepdog.
  • S&W M&P9
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
I like this guy.  This video is what got me to finally subscribe to him.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Every time I have tried to talk about the wording of something like "assault rifle" and I say something similar that I have a bunch of assault towels in my closet I always hear "yeah well you can't go out and murder 50 people with a towel".

My point is that they always throw the "well you can't go murder 100 people with *blank*, and *blank* wasn't designed for killing".  Far too many people are closed minded and brainwashed by the media into thinking that the only logical reason to own something potentially dangerous is to do bad with it.  Far too many times my friends have said "why do you need an AR-15 for home defense that's just unnecessary, all you "need" is a shotgun"

I try not to stay into those discussions for long because there is no way to reason with people who have been taught one thing their whole lives.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
All guns are designed for killing.  And an AR15 is better for home defense than a shotgun.  The ballistics are better, the recoil is more manageable, and the penetration is excellent without over-penetration.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »
an AR15 is better for home defense than a shotgun.  The ballistics are better, the recoil is more manageable, and the penetration is excellent without over-penetration.
Thanks.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
Thanks.

There is an entire thread devoted to this with stats and everything on MGO.

AR15 > shotgun

for home defense.