Author Topic: 10th Amendment Nullification Bill  (Read 5166 times)

Offline thorsblood

10th Amendment Nullification Bill
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
Hello all, I am a potential new member. In light of recent events on a federal level I, as many others likely, have become increasingly alarmed by the level of aggression to destroy our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms. Straight to the point, I work for the state of Michigan and work primarily in the Capitol. Today I have talked to several state representatives who said they could be supportive of a Michigan Bill to Nullify federal bans on our weapons. A bill properly crafted and multi-sponsored on a bipartisan basis could protect weapons owners in Michigan from bans on procuring "assault" weapons and attempts at confiscation of presently owned weapons.
Drumming up enthusiasm amongst the patriotic and constitution supporting gun owning public is why I am here. I would like to urge all here to contact their representatives and senators and determine their position on such a bill, and if supportive their willingness to co-sponsor such a bill.
I have been told that there may be an open carry org. rally scheduled? I hope soon. I would be happy to assist with that...
If your unfamiliar with Nullification please check this site.
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/11/14/nullification-in-one-lesson/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
10th Amendment Nullification Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »
This is already being worked up by our organization and a member of our state legislature.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mrbeachtc

Re: 10th Amendment Nullification Bill
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
The only thing..... can the Feds threaten to cut off Federal money to a state who goes against their wishes? That would be the only glitch that I can think of....

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »
The only thing..... can the Feds threaten to cut off Federal money to a state who goes against their wishes? That would be the only glitch that I can think of....

Can the Fed exist without the monies obtained from the states?
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline mrbeachtc

Re: Re: 10th Amendment Nullification Bill
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:12 AM »

Good point! :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

Can you "NOT" pay Federal taxes? Ask Wesley Snipes how that worked out. http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/19/irs-tax-protestor-stack-snipes-personal-finance-robert-wood.html

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »
I believe Nullification against federal firearms laws is a very good avenue to go down for the state of Michigan. Allow the state and the people to govern themselves. Keep the feds out of here. However, as you know the feds can side step us with the interstate clause thereby stopping any firearms or ammunition from coming into the state. My suggestion to that would be for the state to start talking to manufacurers of firearms and ammunition and welcome them to set up shop here in the state. That would effectively stop any interstate clause and most importantly it would create jobs which we sorely need here in the state. Your thoughts.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Yes, invite any firearms and ammunition makers from New York to move to Michigan. We need the jobs.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
We can't forget about those from New Jorsey!  ;)
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 07:02:35 AM »
Yup Michigan is open for business...  8)
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!