Author Topic: MOC marching in Sterling Heights Memorial Day Parade!  (Read 14262 times)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
MOC marching in Sterling Heights Memorial Day Parade!
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
Sprinklerguy will be posting details soon. As of now, we will be meeting at 8:30am, parade starts at 10:00am. Ceremony to honor military will be at parades end in a park. All supporters welcome..MGO, OCDO or anyone who supports our 2A right to open carry! Join us to honor our nations hero's!! 

Offline army74

Re: MOC marching in Sterling Heights Memorial Day Parade!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »
ok just send me details and ill see if im available

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
We will have an MOC Banner.

We need to be in our staging area at 8:30 a.m.

The ceremony will start at 9:00 a.m.

The parade begins at 10:00 a.m.

Our staging area is F9, which is between the Sterling Heights library and 41-A Courthouse. A map for download is here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...89&forum_id=30

I will have us checked in at 8:00 a.m. and will be waiting in the staging area for everyone to arrive.

This is a huge opportunity for anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment. All are welcome to walk with us

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »
Not sure what the fam has going for Memorial Day but I'd like to be a part of this one.
Can we have minors with us w/ or w/o empty holsters?
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:38:37 PM »
I have a St. Bernard and can put some sort of sign/banner on her as we walk.
I assume it will be ok to have one of my daughters in a stroller as well.
Regards,
Stanr2
Stanr2

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:09:15 AM »
No pets, but kids are welcome

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »
Somehow I can not start a new topic under my profile but I would like to know if we might have interest in attending the New Baltimore Fishfly Fest. Parade as well as a few others.  I can help set these up but would like to see if any interest.
Stanr2

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »
what is the date for this event? and
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline RandyK

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
The parade will be on May 31 Memorial Day.

We need to be in our staging area at 8:30 a.m.

The ceremony will start at 9:00 a.m.

The parade begins at 10:00 a.m.

Our staging area is F9, Scott will have us checked in at 8:00 a.m. and will be waiting in the staging area for everyone to arrive.

NHCGRPR45 it will be great to have you there since I know you were military. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me or e-mail rkrantzc@yahoo.com.

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
The New Baltimore Fishfly Fest Parade is June 27th @ 1:00 PM  lineup starts at 11:00 AM.  Please let me know if any interest.
Stanr2

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »
you can count me in for the fish fly festival and the sterling heights parade!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think these 2 events will be really great! 
shaun
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline cabman1

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »
Michigan open carry asks its members to decline to do any interviews if asked on memorial day at the sterling heights parade!!Lets just give the veteran's the do respect they are deserve.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:47:19 PM by cabman1 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline cabman1

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »
Dear Member,

Michigan open carry asks its members to decline to do any interviews if asked on memorial day at the sterling heights parade!!Lets just give the veteran's the do respect that they  deserve.

Gordon Cannon
Vice President
Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline DGerard

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 08:40:11 AM »
Regarding tri-county MOC membership drive....After the Sterling Heights Memorial Day parade is MOC stagging itself at a local park, such as, Dodge Park or Freedom Hill for a period of time to sign up new members and answer questions by the general public interested in MOC?...(News media and interviews will be handled by MOC - Media liason)...

Are we handing out our trifold brochures as we march? Otherwise, how are we to recruit new members if there is no staging area or brochures to hand out to do so?

Lastly, I believe this was to be a tri-county effort...an event in each county was how I understood it...Are there other event scheduled for that day in the other counties? Or has it been to difficult to schedule other events and properly man?
“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

Offline TaxWhat

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 08:12:08 AM »
Regarding tri-county MOC membership drive....After the Sterling Heights Memorial Day parade is MOC stagging itself at a local park, such as, Dodge Park or Freedom Hill for a period of time to sign up new members and answer questions by the general public interested in MOC?...(News media and interviews will be handled by MOC - Media liason)...

Are we handing out our trifold brochures as we march? Otherwise, how are we to recruit new members if there is no staging area or brochures to hand out to do so?

Lastly, I believe this was to be a tri-county effort...an event in each county was how I understood it...Are there other event scheduled for that day in the other counties? Or has it been to difficult to schedule other events and properly man?
     Per MOC inc Top . All Awareness and Membership  events will be Hatched after Memorial day event . Good ,Bad or anywhere in between . Thank All Who Believe in MOC inc.        Jan Jay

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »
Remember all who are walking with us must be in the staging area at 8:30a.m. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »
See everyone earlier in the morning!
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
I'll be there. Looking forward to a good turn out!

Offline army74

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »
sry i wasnt able to make it had outpatient back surgery 4 days ago. :(

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »
Just got back from the parade.

I want to thank those who came out and walked with us. We had 10 of us. The crowd was amazing. We were applauded, given thumbs up, cheers of "way to go" and thank you", veterans standing and thanking us and saluting us. We passed out the flags we were carrying to various kids who were along the parade route. It was a great day and I felt privileged to walk with everyone carrying the banner to pay tribute to those who gave their lives for us.

The memory I will always have is the WWII vet in a wheel chair wearing an oxygen mask and struggling to move. He looked me directly in the eyes put one thumb up, pulled his mask down and said thank you. I instantly choked up as he was the one to be thanked.

I truly felt proud to be an American and I owe it all to those who have fought and died in defense of our freedom.