Author Topic: MOC marching in Sterling Heights Memorial Day Parade!  (Read 14269 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: MOC marching in Sterling Heights Memorial Day Parade!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
Glad to hear it went well!

My Brother and I OCed at our local Memorial Day Parade and just about every Veteran in the Parade waved and smiled at us.. Other than us really they were only paying attention to the kids.

Either way I am NOT surprised that you got a good response from the VET's as they mostly get what we are doing better than anyone else!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
sometimes while i was in the army i wondered if all the hard things i was asked to do would ever amount to anything. then i get a thank you or a thumbs up, from a vet or someone just randomly walks up and says thank you. its at those times that i know what i did indeed made a diffrence, i was honored to be with the OC people today and also honored by those who came before me. then it becomes truely clear that the small part i played did make a diffrence. thank you MOC and thank you veterans.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 08:21:27 PM »

Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

anetsprungen

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 07:59:45 AM »
Thanks Savage.Detroit for posting the pics on both forums as some of our forum members are part of one but not the other.

I have also started an inquiry to include the Facebook page for MOC <http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Michigan-Open-Carry-Inc/340518071233> in event planning, minus the pictures.  While Facebook is a good way to disseminate information, it is way to public.

Roy
 8)

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
great pics! i waas wondering if the fish fly festival MOC event is going to happen, i would love to go, i have family in new baltimore and normaly go to the fly fest anyway! so make it happen sprinklerguy! it was great meeting you also stay ssafe!  shaun
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
New Baltimore Fish Fly Parade
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
I have the application for the Fish Fly Parade but before completing the process, I need to make sure the MOC group is ok with our participating in the event.

Please let me know if ok to move forward with the event.

Regards,
Stanr2
Stanr2

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
New Topics
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
Hey gang,  Please adjust my profile so I can start new Topics.

Thanks so much,
Stanr2
Stanr2

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:22 PM »
i would certainly be there! the sterling heights parade was an excellent successs!
shaun

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
I've already submitted the require info for the parade. However it is ran by a private organization and is their decision to allow us or not. I spoke with them today and they were not to receptive. I was told I would receive an answer by end of this week. I will update when I have info.

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 06:55:05 AM »
alright please let me know.  I know a few of them very well and might me able to get us in if refused.
Stanr2