Author Topic: Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns  (Read 3895 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »

The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control.

The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation.

The White House declined to comment on the details of what Obama will propose.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/biden-guns-executive-actions-86187.html

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
Re: Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:02:11 AM »
From the article doesn't seem like he can do too much damage with an EO. I suspected that.

Thank God we have a Republican controlled Congress. Knee jerk reactions don't make us safer that's for sure.
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:15:07 AM »
From the article doesn't seem like he can do too much damage with an EO. I suspected that.

Thank God we have a Republican controlled House of Representatives. Knee jerk reactions don't make us safer that's for sure.

FIFW
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Raggs

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
From the article   “It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

This seems fine to me, We don't need new laws, but there is no harm in actually enforcing the laws that we do have.

Offline mrbeachtc

Re: Re: Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:49 AM »
From the article   “It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

This seems fine to me, We don't need new laws, but there is no harm in actually enforcing the laws that we do have.

Yes. There are already plenty of laws.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline mrbeachtc

Re: Re: Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

Thank God we have a Republican controlled Congress. Knee jerk reactions don't make us safer that's for sure.
For sure

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »

I'd rather see the ones we have repealed.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).