Author Topic: Membership Processing  (Read 24337 times)

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
Membership Processing
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
Members & Non-Members:

If you have not recieved your membership information, please be patient. I will try to process everything this weekend and get those in the mail for you! :-) My plans are to process memberships every 2 weeks, somewhere around the weekend timeframes.

If you are worried as to whether or not we have recieved your membership application/renewal, send an email to treasurer@miopencarry.org. I will respond as soon as I can and give you the status on your application/renewal.

Thank youm
Shaun
Treasurer, MOC
Shaun Crawford

Offline Advanced Security

Re: Membership Processing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »
How much is the membership?

God Bless

Jeff

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »
20.00 for a regular membership

30.00 for a family membership

10.00 for a student membership
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Just so you guys know, I do have a total of 24 memberships here (new and renewals) to process and get out to you.

I will be working on all of these somewhere over the weekend or Tuesday after the Holiday.

Thank you,
Shaun
Shaun Crawford

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Uh, yea, renewals.  Will there be an email or mailing as a membership expires, either now or into the future.  /me goes off to dig for his card and read the date.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 06:41:31 PM »
Just so you guys know, I do have a total of 24 memberships here (new and renewals) to process and get out to you.

I will be working on all of these somewhere over the weekend or Tuesday after the Holiday.

Thank you,
Shaun

Renewals???  Already???

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »
yea. renewals already ;-)
there are no penalties if you dont renew on time :-P

That is 1 of the things I am going through, I will personally be sending out notices to those members. In the future, I'll have it automated :-)
Shaun Crawford

Warchild

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
What is the renewal fee for charter members?

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
the renewal is the same as a normal membership fee, the Charter Member title will always be yours to keep.  It was done as a fundraiser, and to honor those who stepped to the plate in the beginning with a larger donation to jump start the organization.  This was the response, basically, when it came up at the membership meeting last weekend.

-northofnowhere

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 11:30:38 PM »
unless you want a family membership... then it would be the rate of the family membership.
Shaun Crawford

Warchild

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »
Okay, thanks guys.

Offline viperar15-member

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 01:07:04 PM »
This post is no longer valid in regards to the timeframe of processing. As I have resigned from my positions.
Shaun Crawford

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
This post is no longer valid in regards to the timeframe of processing. As I have resigned from my positions.

O.o;

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »

NOT ANOTHER ONE!?!?!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:46:46 AM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline cabman1

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »
Yes Shaun has resigned but all is well things are moving smoothly and memberships might take a little longer but not to much longer!!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »
I still have not received my MOC Card. Whats going on :(
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
Yes Shaun has resigned but all is well things are moving smoothly and memberships might take a little longer but not to much longer!!

Thanks cabman, it's comforting to know that all is well within the hierarchy of MOC.

Just don't look behind the curtain.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
I would like to reassure everyone that the Treasurers position will be handled directly by me to ensure the stability of our organizaiton. At such time as I am confident that all issues in that department (including membership processing) are current, the organizaiton will begin looking at options for staffing the position. Such options may include an appointment of a qualified candidate, holding a special election, or myself continuing to act as Treasurer until the regularly scheduled election in November.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:38 AM »
Ok I looked again the date i sent my money order was April 14,. thanks carry on. :)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline stanr2

• MOC Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
Hello this is Stanr2 and I have yet to recive my membership packet as well as I am not allowed to start a new topic within the se michigan events group.  Can you pleae look into both issues for me.

Regards,
Stan
Stanr2

Offline TheElk

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »
Ya, I sent in my money and membership info over 3 weeks ago... Being a non-member on these forums inhibits use (aka it sucks). I can't PM other users nor see that member forums exist.
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »
 :-[

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
Ya, I sent in my money and membership info over 3 weeks ago... Being a non-member on these forums inhibits use (aka it sucks). I can't PM other users nor see that member forums exist.

7 weeks for me.  :'(

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:36 AM »
I am looking into this.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 11:02:26 PM »

Just don't look behind the curtain.
[/quote]

You can look, just don't pay any attention to the man behind it!  :D

Seriously though, while I am pretty sore it has come to what is has, I am pleased to say that the buck stops here. All of the folks posted here should have there packages within a day or two from now, I have already received reports from some that it was received. Also, your informaiton will be posted to IT tonight (actually right after this message) so you will have full member's access to the forums within a few days too!

For those that signed up at Bass Pro in Great Lakes Crossing, your applications will be in my possession tommorrow and ultimately in your mailboxes by this Saturday.
United we STAND!

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
Hooray Jeff!

Now get some sleep!
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »
Hooray Jeff!

Now get some sleep!

Thanks, but I'm good. I slept last week!  ;D
United we STAND!

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
got it in the mail tues thanks :)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Glock19

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 03:41:18 AM »
will the membership fees.. ever be automated thru web?
and can anyone one tell me whom to talk to in the genesee county (south of flint) area about MOC or is there a charter group in area? i have met a couple MOC mebers in my area.. but never got to ask them. thanks for the help.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
will the membership fees.. ever be automated thru web?
and can anyone one tell me whom to talk to in the genesee county (south of flint) area about MOC or is there a charter group in area? i have met a couple MOC mebers in my area.. but never got to ask them. thanks for the help.

Autosurgeon is your regional coordinator, you may reach him via pm in this forum or via email at swregion@miopencarry.org.

Yes, the membership fees and application process will eventually be online. The proper accounts are created, it is just a matter of programming at this point. Once this is complete members will also be able to modify their contact information to keep the database current.
United we STAND!

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 12:23:42 PM »
Members & Non-Members:

If you have not recieved your membership information, please be patient. I will try to process everything this weekend and get those in the mail for you! :-) My plans are to process memberships every 2 weeks, somewhere around the weekend timeframes.

If you are worried as to whether or not we have recieved your membership application/renewal, send an email to treasurer@miopencarry.org. I will respond as soon as I can and give you the status on your application/renewal.

Thank youm
Shaun
Treasurer, MOC
Ok, I just tried signing up via gpal.  Didn't see the comments section, thought it would pop up when I clicked on "next."  Well, that didn't happen.  So the only details you have, in addition to my $20.00 is my email address.  What should I do to get you the rest of the info you need?
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »
Members & Non-Members:

Thank youm
Shaun
Treasurer, MOC
Ok, I just tried signing up via gpal.  Didn't see the comments section, thought it would pop up when I clicked on "next."  Well, that didn't happen.  So the only details you have, in addition to my $20.00 is my email address.  What should I do to get you the rest of the info you need?
Never mind, I think I figured it out.  email sent to the prez. :)
Big Gay Al

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
Sounds like the right way to resolve it  ;D

Offline RandyK

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »
Al, I did receive both notifications one for your payment and one with your info. Still getting this Treasurer thing all figured out so give a little time and you should get your packet. Thanks again for you support!
(P.S. to anybody else that has this same probem just e-mail your info to treasurer@miopencarry.org )

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 02:19:40 AM »
Al, I did receive both notifications one for your payment and one with your info. Still getting this Treasurer thing all figured out so give a little time and you should get your packet. Thanks again for you support!
(P.S. to anybody else that has this same probem just e-mail your info to treasurer@miopencarry.org )
Ok, sounds good to me then. 

Thanks!
Big Gay Al

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
I told ya all to send a memo in the comments section to verify the info easier, and I presumed there would be a section like that, as the "other online processor" has one.  I used the service to renew myself, and was looking high and low for it myself.  So um, no worries about that section.

-jason

Offline Bronson

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »

Oops.  I did the same as BGA but I sent the email to the address listed under your profile here on the MOC forum.  Did you receive it?  Because I haven't received anything in return.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
I told ya all to send a memo in the comments section to verify the info easier, and I presumed there would be a section like that, as the "other online processor" has one.  I used the service to renew myself, and was looking high and low for it myself.  So um, no worries about that section.

-jason
Yeah, I looked for the comments section, didn't see it, so I'm assuming it's well hidden.  I had thought it would pop up when I hit the next button.  Wrong assumption on that part. ;)
Big Gay Al

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
Membership card and other stuff came in the mail today. 

Thanks!
Big Gay Al

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
Ok, so, now who do I have to sleep with to get this forum to say "MOC Member" under my location?  :)
Big Gay Al

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
Me  ;)

ETA: You're a member now.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
Thanks!
Big Gay Al

Offline Gopro101

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
how do i mail in payment for paid membership?

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »
how do i mail in payment for paid membership?

Try here.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
If you follow his link above you see:

Code: [Select]
From this section you can join MOC electronically. You are already signed up to view and post in the free section of our forums. There is no requirement to join at this time, and if you choose not to, you may continue and do nothing on this page today.

If you do not wish to pay via PayPal you may print a form and mail it in with a check or money order. Your membership data corresponds to your forum account, so the form is very short and simple. Please go here to do this now: Mail In Payment Form

Following that link to the Mail In Payment Form you find: http://miopencarry.org/ocforum/membershipbymail.php  Since you already have a forums account, simply print that off and mail it in.  If you have any other questions you can ask here or contact it@miopencarry.org as well.

Offline RandyK

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »
If you want to mail it in the address is
Michigan Open Carry
P.O. Box 8326
Eastpointe, MI 48021

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
I am going to unstick this thread and lock it.  It was begun ages ago regarding processing of memberships that were not complete.  We have switched how we do memberships twice since then and are on our hopefully fairly final for a few years method, so buh-bye post.  If you have a membership processing related question, feel free to start a new topic and we will answer any questions.

-jason r. aka northofnowhere