Author Topic: Sports and Outdoor Show organizer decides no tactical rifles in 2013 show  (Read 4790 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
"Clearly, we strongly support the Second Amendment.  However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention."

http://blog.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman/2013/01/eastern_sports_and_outdoor_show_organizer_decides_no_tactical_rifles_in_2013_show.html

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
with "friends" like these, who needs enemies

Offline Mando21

"Clearly we support the Second Amendment"

Right, when you are succumbing to PC and refusing to include the rifles that the Second Amendment was about....
The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline METL

Idiots don't see the damage they do by validating the claims and fears of the anti's....   

"SEE, EVEN THE GUN SHOWS DON'T WANT THE ASSAULT RIFLES AROUND!!!"

Offline Raggs

This is no worse than gun shows disarming people coming into them, yet many here still frequent them.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Actually it is. Dealers should be setting the tone for the public and that tone should be "So called Assault Weapons are not the issue".
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Raggs

I understand your need to disagree with any post I make but this is funny. Actually there is very little difference, both are being politically correct and both think that gun owners are gun nuts. The support the 2nd amendment as long as it makes them money.

Actually it is. Dealers should be setting the tone for the public and that tone should be "So called Assault Weapons are not the issue".

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Gotta say, both gun shows that ban lawful carry, and gun shows that want to avoid 'controversy' over cosmetic issues are EQUALLY Fudapaloozas, and deserve our utmost disdain, as also should anyone who is willing to sacrifice their rights for a buck....

Anyone who patronizes a Fudapalooza is either a Fudd or a Looza.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
I understand your need to disagree with any post I make but this is funny. Actually there is very little difference, both are being politically correct and both think that gun owners are gun nuts. The support the 2nd amendment as long as it makes them money.

Actually your authoring the post has nothing to do with it. I would have disagreed no matter who wrote it. I just feel that the promoters and vendors at gun shows should live up to the standards of making any legal weapon available to people. By them intentionally not including the evil "assault weapons" they are vilifying bot the weapons and those that own them and are helping to spread the idea that these weapons should not be owned by citizens.

On another note with regards to your posts, I only disagree with posts that I disagree with. However as far as my personal feelings about you, I believe I have already made that abundantly clear in a PM.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.