Author Topic: Chest rig legality?  (Read 3932 times)

Offline johnnymcsavage

Chest rig legality?
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »
I know this will sounds strange, but I was wondering about OC using a chest rig when I am out and about. I talked to several people I work with and they answers ranger from "NO! You will go to jail for a felony!!!!!!!" to "Why the hell would you want to do that?". Given the people that I work with, they think OC is worthless as a way to carry a gun and not tactically sound in the least. My only question is that if I can OC with a hip holster, why wouldn't I be able to with any other type of holster?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Chest rig legality?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »
If the pictured rig is the type you are talking about it is fine and as legal as any other system... quite secure too!

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline johnnymcsavage

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »

anetsprungen

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
I have never seen any restrictions on the type of holster if you OC in a place you are permitted to do so.  However, some people will think it pretty brazen of you depending on the environment.

I live in rural Barry County.  I have a chest pouch for a revolver.  Until I bought a second Blackhawk Serpa for my ParaOrdnance pistol, I would carry my Taurus Judge in the pouch when I rode about my property.  My biggest concern is more about wild animals that roam through my property than any two-legged variety.

But during the various hunting seasons where a handgun allowed, there are lots of people wearing chest holsters because it keeps the gun readily accessible, secure and unlikely to snag on anything; but it is not fast unless you go to some lengths to position it for that purpose.

Just my thoughts.

Roy
 8)

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:51 AM »
the key words are "a holster in plain view" a chest rig would indeed be in plain view. hence legal. blackhawk makes one also.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.