Author Topic: Postcard template for mass-mailing question.  (Read 23248 times)

Offline Savage.Detroit

Re: Postcard template for mass-mailing question.
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
can or should you print and mail this card out to the public without being approved by moc ? 

Well, if the postcard is using the MOC logo and being signed as MOC then I say yes.  If you edit it to be from you personally without the logo then I say no.
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline spikedawg

• weidman michigan
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:54 PM »
ok, so has this been approved by moc inc ?   my point was, should this or anything else with moc logo on it be distribated to the public with out first being approved by moc inc ?  i would think that anything with moc inc logo and /or name on it should be approved by them for wording and content before being distribated to the public.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
Yes if it uses our LOGO it must be approved before use.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheElk

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Who approves of this? I'd like to start mailing some out.
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 08:55:52 AM »
Who approves of this? I'd like to start mailing some out.

The Board of MOC but I would start by emailing it to our Media Director Jan Jay as they are going to ask his thoughts anyway.
His email is media@miopencarry.org
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »
Great job you guys have done with this. I would like to see us not only approve this for use, but also perhaps to print out a few thousand or so for our members to use. The printing part will take time, but the review and approval for use should move pretty fast.

Would it be possible to reword paragraph two to get rid of the words in parentheses? I hate seeing that on our tri-folds; maybe I'm just weird but it makes it look like an afterthought to me.

Are the words 'Open Carry Rights' in the third paragraph capitalized for a reason?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
Do you guys want me to present this to the rest of the board as is?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

anetsprungen

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:06 AM »
Whatever became of this?  I don't recall seeing or hearing anything to suggest the postcard was presented to the board for review, copies printed up, etc.  It appears as though another good idea has withered.  Can we jump start this one?

Or can somebody point me to a source for the postcards if they have already been printed up?

Roy
 8)