Author Topic: Official 'Good Places To Eat' Thread  (Read 3234 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Official 'Good Places To Eat' Thread
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
I'm sure many of you have seen the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" show.  The premise of the show--and this thread--is to find great, local places to eat that don't necessarily cost a fortune. 

I love Ruth's Chris and Morton's as much as the next guy, but they are pricey, and good food doesn't necessarily have to be expensive.  If your best friend were visiting from out of town, where would you insist you have breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

For the record, Diner's, Drive-Ins. and Dives has done several segments in Michigan.  They visited the Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen and the Union Woodshop.  I think they also visited Slow's BBQ in Detroit as well as the Golden Harvest Restaurant in Lansing.  (We won't mention Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville).

So where else in Michigan has great, great food?  Let us know, and tell us why their food is great.  Maybe some dishes they are known for.  If it is on the pricey side, don't be afraid to include it here.  Food quality is number one, price is just a bonus.

We'll be taking notes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:50:43 AM by gryphon »

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
Re: Official 'Good Places To Eat' Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:53 AM »
Can we make it OC related as well - which restaurants that you know of have great food, good prices, and are friendly to Open Carry? I know of 2 downriver that do a good job.

1. Maria's Mexican Restaurant at 1438 Fort Street in Lincoln Park. Family owned, Maria herself is there just about all the time. Family recipes, which are quite tasty. The food is very good. The place is very clean as well, which to me is an important consideration.

2. Parthenon Coney Island. 17064 Fort Street in Riverview. I know, I know, it's just another Coney Island. But the prices are very good, the place is very clean, and the food is great!
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:30:52 PM »
The first thing that popped into my mind is definitely Golden Harvest...    I have no idea if they are OC friendly...

Their food, HANDS DOWN is the best breakfast in the area....   and I'm talking a big area.   Maybe the state!!!!

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Big Blue's in Monroe has some great BBQ. I little pricey but not bad and the portions are huge. I have OC'd there several times with no problem.

Website with menu:
http://www.bigbluesribs.com
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
La Taqueria San Jose. Looks like a dive but I love their steak burritos!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-taqueria-san-jose-grand-rapids