Author Topic: The Whiting Auditorium  (Read 3184 times)

Offline ErrantVenture11

• First Name (Displayed): Charlie
The Whiting Auditorium
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
Good morning!

I'm new to the forums here, I've had a Michigan CPL since 2011 but I often open carry because my full-frame 9mm is hard to conceal with the paddle holster I own unless I'm wearing a heavy jacket.  I'm a transplant from Maryland, just graduated from Kettering University and looking to stay in the area because Maryland sucks for gun owners, and it looks like it may get suckier if Martin O'Malley has his way.

Anyways, I might be taking the wife out to see Sinbad at The Whiting Auditorium in Flint, MI and I was wondering if anyone here had OC experience there, or if they know about any signs posted that prohibit guns?  I know that I cannot carry concealed due to the nature of the theater (entertainment facility seating 2500+).  I don't want to test the waters if others have already tried and failed.

Offline ErrantVenture11

Re: The Whiting Auditorium
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
Hmm...Wikipedia cites seating capacity as 2,043.  I'll call to confirm, but my fears may be baseless.  The question still stands though, because I'd rather carry the 9mm than my little .38 snubby.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
The Whiting Auditorium
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »
Who owns the auditorium?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ErrantVenture11

Re: The Whiting Auditorium
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
I believe it is operated by the Flint Cultural Center Corporation.  It is not offically affiliated with the City of Flint, it is private property as far as I'm aware.