Author Topic: Sen. Stabenow reply to my Popvox note that I oppose Sen. Feinstein's weapon ban.  (Read 4735 times)

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
She is interested in "dialog" but my disagreement with her position is totally ignored. I am so "surprised" by this.

The "only" solution is to strengthen gun laws. How about enforcing the existing ones, and prosecuting those involved in fast & furious?

Yes, I know, preaching to the choir here.

Her letter follows:

Thank you for contacting me about the tragic and senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

If there is anything that deeply unites Americans across the country it is our love for our children and grandchildren and our desire to keep them safe. In the wake of the heartbreaking tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary, all of us must come together to determine what steps can be taken to protect our children. That means discussing how we can strengthen our gun laws to help stop attacks like this from happening again, while protecting responsible gun ownership and preserving our hunting heritage. It also means strengthening mental health services, and focusing on the broader culture of violence in the media and our society. These solutions may not be easy, but one thing should be clear – complacency and inaction until the next attack must not be an option.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:08:25 PM by TheQ »
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
That's funny, I got the same email, word for word.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline fsr402

Yup I got the same one also. Just a copy paste that one of her staff send out as I'm sure she does not read our emails.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Yea it's not as if she cares what her constituents want
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Yup I got the same one also. Just a copy paste that one of her staff send out as I'm sure she does not read our emails.

To be fair, I don't think it's logistically possible for a Senator to individually reply to every email/phone call they get. Take Michigan for example, with 10,000,000 residents, if only 3% of the population emailed her she would have to respond to 300,000 emails. If she spends only 1 minute per email to respond it would take 24 hours a day for 208 days to respond to all of them. Just sayin'
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:30:02 AM by scot623 »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
At least that would keep her busy so she can't do any further damage in Washington.

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
Yeah I got the same one too.... I'm sure she'll be joining Carl Levin in Co-sponsoring the crazy bill that Feinstein introduced yesterday.

I'm writing everyone including Santa Claus hopefully we'll defeat this insane crap.
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
I just got a reply from Sen. Levin "Re: Your Concerns", and it is in response to the budget issue. It is also an obvious form letter. Surprised that there is no response to my others I sent him on pending legislation about guns. I wonder if we've maybe overwhelmed the ability of his staff to keep up?  :D
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline JakeBP

Whoops, confused post.