Author Topic: First time visitor forum idea...  (Read 3081 times)

Offline TheElk

First time visitor forum idea...
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
Through handing out tri-folds and getting the word out about MOC we are going to have many first time visitors here. Many of them may not be familiar with how forums work. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add a forum under the General Category called "First Time Visitors Information/Forum/Discussion" or something to that effect. This forum would be a place with a bunch of tacked links on general and specific OC info, how to get involved, as well as be a place for visitors to ask questions to those who know more about Michigan OC.

Currently as a non-paying member (haven't been activated yet, I just sent in my money a couple days ago) I only check the MOC forums about once a day or less because the non-member side is pretty slow and bland, compared to OCDO where I check multiple times a day. What I am trying to say I guess is that it is my opinion that a first time visitor won't find much of interest here and has to dig too much for the general user in order to be fruitful.

I'm not saying this to dig the site. There has been a lot of work done and it is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to add some constructive criticism, of which I would not be offended if it is disregarded.

One more point of criticism, since I'm on a roll  :)... The OC Experience forum is hard to follow because everyone has their own thread. It seems rather fragmented. I think a single thread where people post their experiences would be much easier to follow. If a discussion is kicked off about an OC experience posted in the main thread then a new thread could be started about that experience.

Just my .02 cents, I'm trying to help anyway that I can.

TheElk
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.