Linked Events

• Rally at the Capitol: March 20, 2013

Author Topic: 2nd Amendment March in Lansing  (Read 12337 times)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
2nd Amendment March in Lansing
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
Michigan Open Carry is participating in a 2nd Amendment March in Lansing on March 20th from 10 AM to 2 PM. Here are some of the details:

Tentative Schedule:
9:30 a.m. - sidewalk procession from the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania
to the Capitol
10 a.m. to 11 a.m. - people will meet with their state representatives.
11 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Musical entertainment and pro-gun speakers will take the
stage from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. - people will meet with their state senators.

You can get more information at www.secondamendmentmarch.com and on our Facebook page. Also here is a flyer that can be downloaded and printed to be placed at businesses, community boards, etc.

We are looking for some volunteers who would like to man the MOC table at the upcoming rally, this would include helping with set up/ clean up and tear down.  We need about 6 total volunteers, Adam Yancer will be overseeing the table at the event so any volunteers would be working along side him.  You will probably need to show up about 8:30am to help with the set up and to make sure everything is in order, please only volunteer if you can seriously commit and will be there at the requested time.  If you would like to volunteer email Adam at ayancer@miopencarry.org or reply in this thread.

Past Mail Campaigns on the Event with more information:
2/16/2013
1/23/2013
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:35:52 PM by TheQ »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline nmadole

• Wizard
  • MOC Member
    • The Gun Store
  • First Name (Displayed): Nick Madole
Re: 2nd Amendment March in Lansing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »
I will be there, anyone looking to join in a Northern Michigan carpool please email me at nicholas.madole@gmail.com
Owner - The Gun Store / Elysium Armament Nick@Migunstore.com

www.MIGunStore.com

Offline dlach86

• First Name (Displayed): Dustin
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
I will be there from owosso.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:16:32 PM »
I would encourage anyone hosting an event between now and the march, download and print some flyers off to pass out at the events.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Volunteers to man MOC table at rally.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »
We are looking for some volunteers who would like to man the MOC table at the upcoming rally, this would include helping with set up/ clean up and tear down.  I need about 6 total volunteers, I will be overseeing the table at the event so any volunteers would be working along side me.  You will probably need to show up about 8:30am to help with the set up and to make sure everything is in order, please only volunteer if you can seriously commit and will be there at the requested time.  If you would like to volunteer email me at ayancer@miopencarry.org or reply in this thread.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Volunteers to man MOC table at rally.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
We are looking for some volunteers who would like to man the MOC table at the upcoming rally, this would include helping with set up/ clean up and tear down.  I need about 6 total volunteers, I will be overseeing the table at the event so any volunteers would be working along side me.  You will probably need to show up about 8:30am to help with the set up and to make sure everything is in order, please only volunteer if you can seriously commit and will be there at the requested time.  If you would like to volunteer email me at ayancer@miopencarry.org or reply in this thread.

I hijacked the OP and added this information.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
Adam, I would be willing to help out with this. My only issue is that I broke my ankle and won't know until Tuesday whether surgery is required. I guess I can't say for sure till Tuesday.
But count me in for now.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
Adam, I would be willing to help out with this. My only issue is that I broke my ankle and won't know until Tuesday whether surgery is required. I guess I can't say for sure till Tuesday.
But count me in for now.

Sounds good, if anything changes let me know.

Offline Steel Magnolia

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »
I plan on being there and I can provide rides for up to 4 additional persons.  I have a suburban with a 3rd seat.  Anyone interested in riding along please email me at sbeahan@michiganopencarry.org.   We can meet at the park & ride lot at the corner of 60th Street and the East Beltline.  8)
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline JaccFrost

• What do I have to be afraid of? Nothing...
  • First Name (Displayed): Joe
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »
Hoping to make it, not sure yet. Anyone carrying long guns? I don't have my OC carry holster, so i would prolly CC my side arm.
As someone who carries, I fully accept responsibility and the consequences of my actions..

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »
We are still looking for a couple of volunteers to help with the MOC table, I will be in charge of our table at the event and any volunteers will be working with me, please only volunteer if you are committed to being at the event.  You can email me at ayancer@miopencarry.org if you would like to volunteer.

I have set up different times so that you do not have to dedicate your whole day to volunteering at the table, if you would like to volunteer please let me know what time period you would like to volunteer for.

8:30am-10am (these volunteers will assist with setting up the table and getting everything ready for the rally)

10am-2pm

2pm-4pm (these volunteers will help with take down)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:21:50 PM by TheQ »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »
I wish I could be there.  I would happily man the table all day.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
We are still looking for a couple of volunteers to help with the MOC table, I will be in charge of our table at the event and any volunteers will be working with me, please only volunteer if you are committed to being at the event.  You can email me at ayancer@miopencarry.org if you would like to volunteer.

I have set up different times so that you do not have to dedicate your whole day to volunteering at the table, if you would like to volunteer please let me know what time period you would like to volunteer for.

8:30am-10am (these volunteers will assist with setting up the table and getting everything ready for the rally)

10am-2pm

2pm-4pm (these volunteers will help with take down)

My wife and I plan to be there and are willing to man the table as needed.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
I would like to help with the late shift. I am pretty handy at carrying things. I will show up at the table before 2. Might be at the MOC table all day but I know I can help take down and clean up. As long as people are cleaner than the union workers.

We should make that (to keep the Capitol clean) a point. Tell anybody you see throwing trash on the ground that we want to be remembered differently than the last protest. We don't want to give the anti's anything to b***h about.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
I would like to help with the late shift. I am pretty handy at carrying things. I will show up at the table before 2. Might be at the MOC table all day but I know I can help take down and clean up. As long as people are cleaner than the union workers.

We should make that (to keep the Capitol clean) a point. Tell anybody you see throwing trash on the ground that we want to be remembered differently than the last protest. We don't want to give the anti's anything to b***h about.

Our mere presence alone will do that :o

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
Our mere presence alone will do that :o
Maybe you should put a bag over your face then. :)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
PM's sent to those who said they would like to volunteer.

Offline Ryan182

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »
I will be there in the AM and most of the day and be back to help take down. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »
Should be a nice warm Michigan day ;D ,it is the first day of spring.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
2nd Amendment March in Lansing
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
Should be a nice warm Michigan day ;D ,it is the first day of spring.

27 and snowy is the present forecast.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).