Author Topic: Open Carry at Great Lakes Crossing  (Read 14759 times)

Offline noahp87

• First Name (Displayed): Noah
Open Carry at Great Lakes Crossing
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
Hey guys,

Has anyone open carried at Great Lakes Crossing?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Open Carry at Great Lakes Crossing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »
I have with no issues.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:05:30 PM »
I know a number of people have. In fact, last summer there was a large group carry there one weekend.

Offline noahp87

• First Name (Displayed): Noah
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:48:49 PM »
Cool, thanks!

Offline T3000

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »
A few friends of mine, my fiance, and I open carry there quite often. Only ever had one issue, the owner of a jewelry store ran up to me while I was walking passed his shop and told me I couldn't come in without covering my gun (had no intention of entering the store to begin with). Other than that, the only people who have ever said anything to us are people who were supportive. For any new to open carry who may not be completely comfortable open carrying yet, it's definitely a good place to exercise and gain some confidence.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
Never had a problem either. I always go in through Bass Pro Shops. Not sure if other entrances have a no gun sign.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
I know a number of people have. In fact, last summer there was a large group carry there one weekend.
Like an OC flash mob?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »
Like an OC flash mob?

I believe stainless was a part of it, as was Sean Combs and his brother.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
I believe stainless was a part of it, as was Sean Combs and his brother.

Well one out of two isn't bad I guess. I assume no one was at the food court passing anything out  ::)  :o
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 01:07:40 PM »
FYI I was informed by a security guard when I was here a few weeks ago they changed their policy and no longer allow OC.  I obv didn't ask about CC as I was already done with my 90 minute walk for the day and was on my way out when he stopped me.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »
Is this a policy change, or just one guy with an authoritah complex?

Any signs on the doors, or anything on the policy/rules boards near the doors?

I've never been there, but it seems like it's been considered OC friendly in the past.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?73856-No-more-firearms-at-the-Great-Lake-Crossings&p=1236322&viewfull=1#post1236322

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?349335-Great-Lakes-Crossing
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:12 AM »
I have been there countless times over the years and always OC'd without issue.  I went probably half a dozen times this winter/spring alone when I wanted a walk but it was too crappy outside.  When I go I usually walk for 60 - 90 minutes and see security 3 or 4 times per visit.  This is the only security guard that has approached me (youngest guard I have ever seen there, first time I recall seeing this particular guard, white guy with blonde hair) and he claims it was a change in policy.  I didn't ask for proof of the policy change or when the change in policy happened.  I didn't see signs on the door or ask about CC being permitted.  He simply asked me to take it out to the car but I was already on my last lap of the building so I just left.  Since I wasn't told CC was against their policy I will simply cover it up if I have reason to go shopping there and won't use it for extended walks like I have in the past as I plan to just get myself a treadmill this fall for walking on the winter/snow/rain days in the future.