Author Topic: Olympic Arms Stops All Sales to NY LEOs  (Read 3973 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Olympic Arms Stops All Sales to NY LEOs
« on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »
Following in LaRue Tactical’s footsteps, Olympic Arms has announced that police and other government entities in New York are now customers non grata in their store following the passage of new York’s firearms ban.
Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity – will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York – henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/olympic-arms-stops-all-sales-to-ny-leos/

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
Re: Olympic Arms Stops All Sales to NY LEOs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
+1 (and then some!)
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
I like their stance, lets hope this catches on.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:35:44 PM »
I do not own a Olympic Arms but i can tell you what. That will change very soon. They support us i support them.

Offline METL

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 10:17:58 AM »
Hopefully, as with the gun show that looked to limit ARs, more and more and more manufacturers will dog pile on them if nothing more than to cause a big scene.  Would be awesome if Ruger chipped in as well...   ;)

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Gotta like ANY company who takes this stance... Bravo!  8)
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
I got an email from Cheaper than Dirt this morning saying they are doing likewise.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
Would love to see the majors... S&W, Ruger etc... take this stance.
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!