Author Topic: Hello from... Chicago?  (Read 5446 times)

Offline SimbaLion

• SimbaLion's Blog
Hello from... Chicago?
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »
Hi there, I'm new here. I was born in Southfield and grew up in Royal Oak, I have also lived in Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Taylor. I moved to Chicago in 2006 but my heart will always be connected to Michigan.

I have always been fascinated with guns, and as of 2012 I became a gun owner, having fired my first pistol in June of 2012. I am currently involved in the fight to restore 2nd amendment rights to Illinois, and I am thinking of moving back to Michigan in the future and look forward to enjoying my carry rights if I do.

I invite anyone to contact me privately to chat about whatever. I hope to be a part of this community for a long time!  :)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Hello from... Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
Welcome

I wonder how long you'd last before you were arrested if you OC'd in downtown chi-town.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SimbaLion

• SimbaLion's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
Pretty rapidly today.. IL is going to get a concealed carry law but the court gave them 180 days (which expires in June) so currently the ban on carrying still exists. I believe charges are not being aggressively prosecuted, but that would not stop a cop from arresting someone for OC.

The law which is most likely to be passed does not allow for OC, which is sort of unfortunate, but I suspect it will come in time. People in this state and City are irrationally afraid of guns. That perspective will shift when they discover legal carry doesnt increase violent crime.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
Welcome from Erie. Good luck with your fight, hope you win soon!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
Welcome from eastpointe
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline bignaz

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Sorry to hear you now live in a communist state. Glad to see theirs people fighting there they need it.