Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

Clarification of pistol free zones

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jester:
Wow, thanks guys.  That does clear up a lot for me. 

I'm just happy that I can OC in general.  Also, I'm a very strong believer in not only my rights but that those same rights apply to others.  If I'm asked to leave, I don't feel I have the right to discuss it, collect anything, etc.  If I have other property or people with me they should collect it for me (or I can just cover up ;) )

--- Quote ---an officer shows up and tells you to leave.  The officer then lets you talk and try to explain yourself or state your case for a few minutes.  Then you get arrested for trespassing because you didn't immediately leave the property when instructed.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  Since you weren't detained and only interviewed (per Terry stop) you were free to go.  In short, don't push your rights down others necks or a police officer will find _something_  I don't want to 'teach those stupid cops' or 'educate ignorant criminal empowering people' I just want to protect mine and my own :)

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me guys.  I think I will avoid schools and Police stations for now.  I've got a bunch of tri-folds and LEO packets printed out (I own commercial equipment for my business) and I have been giving them to anyone that will listen ;)

Thanks,
Rob

spikedawg:
 reservation land usually disallows carry on their land at all.  That can get you in trouble if you're not careful.

ok, so most of the county i live in is reservation land,  so your saying i cant carry here?  i live in isabella county

Bronson:

--- Quote from: spikedawg on June 08, 2010, 04:15:05 PM --- reservation land usually disallows carry on their land at all.  That can get you in trouble if you're not careful.

ok, so most of the county i live in is reservation land,  so your saying i cant carry here?  i live in isabella county

--- End quote ---

As I understand it....

If it is reservation land it belongs to the tribe and they get to make the rules.  If you want to carry there I'd suggest getting written permission from the governing body of the land.

Bronson

spikedawg:
i will be getting clarifaction on this, i'm going to contact the sheriff's office and/or the proscuter's office. i'll let you know what i find out.  if its so than im VERY limited where i can carry.

spikedawg:
oh this is just great !  was just informed by the girlfriend that we live on reservation land, so does this meen i cant carry on my own property ?  its not like we pay property taxs to the indians !   ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version