Author Topic: Macomb mall acosted  (Read 5939 times)

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
Macomb mall acosted
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »
i was just told to leave macomb mall, rudely by the way and since i just found this posting i thought i would include my email to the mall.

was recently informed that you have a "No legal carry of firearms" policy. and i was wondering why you would invite only criminals into your buildings? i have served in the US Army, have a concealed pitol license, have had extensive training in both the Military, and private sector that far exceeds most police officers. so i was wondering if this is indeed your policy support criminals, and trample all over the rights of lawful people? if so you can count on me to never come to your mall and tell everyone of my friends, post on all message boards, tell anyone who mentions your mall to not go there. so if you could clarify if you support only criminal behavior at your mall, or if i have somehow been misinformed that would be helpful.
thank you for your time.

it was my first time OC there, and figured it would not be a problem since i went there all the time when jeepers was there, i have a daughter, anyway i was acosted by 4 security personel and ordered to leave very rude behavior. one even went so far as to reach for my arm. i suppose to lead me out, a very dirty look and he backed off, but still way to far for rent a cops! my mom had my daughter at sears, and i said that was they way i was going to leave and went toward that store, one of them said i had to leave by the closest exit, i refused and continued on my way. they follwed me the whole way, i collected my mom and daughter and left. wish i had read this post first! well have a great day everyone!

and hiya sprinklerguy we marched in the parade monday and i had no idea about this thread till i read it. have a great day everyone!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
Re: Macomb mall acosted
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:13:45 AM »
Macomb Mall does stink in this regard. For what it's worth, I have made Sears portrait studios aware that I will not go there (actually cancelled an appointment the wife made without my knowledge) due to the mall's policy. Drove the point home by going to Sears in Lakeside, and when they were short staffed and needed help, gues who they called for support - the gal I cancelled with at Macomb Mall. I thought it was a good way to drive home my point. She said she would bring the issue up in her next manager's meeting. I also had a conversation with a store manager in Kohl's recently. I waltzed in and proceeded straight to the service desk. I advised that I didn't know if I was welcome in their store due to the mall's policy combined with the fact that they had a direct entrance into the mall. Unfortunately, the mall policy over-rides the wishes of the tenant (at least in that day's interpretation) a fact that that manager was a bit miffed about.

So, the moral of the story, I believe Macomb Mall may be a good project for this summer. Maybe a group of volunteers would open themselves up to becoming a victim of violence and march the mall to collect signatures from business owners. (We do have to obey the rules) It would take some pre-planning to make the proper contacts at corporate stores, but there are many sole proprieters there also.
Anyone volunteer to head up the effort?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline Jester

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:20:46 AM »
It sucks that they have that attitude for open carry.  But, if I read this correctly your admitting to trespass on private property.  Once you've been asked to leave and don't you are violating the property owners rights. These are the same rights you fought for and that many others have died.  

It's nice they didn't escalate this and it ended peacefully. Thanks for heads up, I will avoid this location even when not OC because of this.

Rob

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:34:37 AM »
It sucks that they have that attitude for open carry.  But, if I read this correctly your admitting to trespass on private property.  Once you've been asked to leave and don't you are violating the property owners rights. These are the same rights you fought for and that many others have died.  

It's nice they didn't escalate this and it ended peacefully. Thanks for heads up, I will avoid this location even when not OC because of this.

Rob

i wouldnt exactly say he was trespassing,just wanting to leave at the entrance he came through,and collect his people first,id say he was....delaying
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Jester

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:54:08 AM »

i wouldnt exactly say he was trespassing,just wanting to leave at the entrance he came through,and collect his people first,id say he was....delaying

Humm. Yes that would seem to be a fine line wouldn't it?  I would much prefer a welcome sign and my business will reflect that :)

Rob

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 04:12:09 AM »
i did consider that not leaving from the door he pointed to was, halfway between the door i entered and the one he pointed to. but when renta cop 2 went for my arm i had to turn back toward the door i came in to advoid it, then he was in front of me, i went through him.  we never actually touched but it was clear he took a step in front of me to block my way out.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
i did consider that not leaving from the door he pointed to was, halfway between the door i entered and the one he pointed to. but when renta cop 2 went for my arm i had to turn back toward the door i came in to advoid it, then he was in front of me, i went through him.  we never actually touched but it was clear he took a step in front of me to block my way out.

I hate that. I hate when people assume that a violation of my personal space is acceptable to make them feel safer. I get real uncomfortable when people try and touch me while attempting to exert some authority over me.

Jeff

Offline Jester

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »
Yeah, touching or grabbing someone isn't appropriate.  My father was arrested and convicted of assault and battery for spraying canned whipped cream at someone.   ::)