Author Topic: CPL came in the mail today  (Read 4141 times)

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
CPL came in the mail today
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »
I had an envelope from the Kalamazoo County Clerk waiting for me when I got home.  ;D

It had my long awaited CPL. I figured it would have been here a week ago. The gun board met on the 12th, so it is dated the 12th. Too bad it's just under 7 months to my birthday. Oh well, I got it when I had the money to do it. So now I am all set.

Goodbye to the days of OC with no CPL and having to put my gun in and out of transport mode. That takes the fun out of it real quick.

It will be nice not to have to fear my coat slipping when I walk the dog.

Now for a quick review of the rules I fall under now to make sure I do it right.  :)
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
CPL came in the mail today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
Congrats. We hope you'll continue to OC often!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline FASBOLD

Re: CPL came in the mail today
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »
I can't OC as often as I'd like, due to work rules, but it will make things easier, since I can keep my gun on me, or at least in the passenger compartment.

I only have one CC holster. I tried it out a few times around the house, but that's not the same.

I suspect I'll be in the market for a new holster for CC. Just like a new hobby the odds and ends keep coming. lol
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
~ Unknown

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »
Well congrats, Keep OC'ing!
If you don't mind, what holsters did you get for CC? You can always P.M. me if you don't want to post here.

I know posting about holsters may/will start arguments about why it's good/bad.

Offline FASBOLD

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
Hey Tom, hope you're on the mend and feeling better.

My CC holster is:

Galco Waistband Inside The Pant Holster - Natural Finish, Right Hand, Beretta 92F/FS, 96F/FS & Taurus PT92/99/100/101 WB202
GC-HT-WITPHSW-WB202

It is ok, but I really notice it when driving, and sitting at certain angles at my desk. On the bright side, it helps re-inforce good posture. :)

I'm carrying between 4 and 5 o'clock. Anything else is challenging when I sit.

With a full-sized gun, IWB carry is a challenge, as many before me have probably learned. :)

Definitely time to look for a smaller gun for CC, or a different carry method with my current pistol.
~ Abraham Lincoln
~ Unknown

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
Hey and they make a "correct hand" version too. Not that I am looking to conceal anytime soon.
And thanks, Feeling better but no weight on it until the next apt. (4 more weeks) Then we find out IF it is healing well enough to not have surgery. I have no health insurance and that's my bad.