Author Topic: Gun and Private Property  (Read 2190 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Gun and Private Property
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »
HI,

I have a question about these signs people are putting up, It says no guns on premises or in the building. If I have a CPL can I carry in the building or do I have to disarm my self to go in there?

What would happen if I was open carrying and tried to go to a store and they wouldn't let me in because I have my gun, and they didn't have no sign saying no weapons allowed could I still go in as a right to bare arms? Could you please help me with these questions?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Donut

• First Name (Displayed): Donut
Re: Gun and Private Property
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »
Private property is private property. If asked you have to leave. I would not jeopardize your CPL. they have the right to post no guns.
They don't understand that stopping the honest one that is carrying will not be their to protect them and it is an open door for the bad guy. They don't understand that the bad guy is not going to stop at the door and read that no guns are allowed. So the innocent get hurt in that situation.
It's a pity that our population and politicians haven't figured that out.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »
What sign?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »
Signs? Signs? Everywhere there's signs.

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
Don't do this, don't do that.... :D
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline jimmyjohn

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 12:39:16 AM »
In Michigian with the exception of the Entertainment Facility related to conceal carry only signs don't have no legal power to restrict firearm carry.  Even no trespassing signs hold no weight unless it's a farm.   
 Trespass law cite:
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(jwcn2di0hneprsmj0ehowzc5))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-552

If someone asks you to leave their private property it's best to do so.  Under normal circumstances it takes 3 notifications of trespass before you're arrested.  First is usually the property owner, second is normally LE, if you are stupid enough to return after the LE tells you to not come back the third will cause you to be arrested.  It's best to simply avoid antigun places and let everyone know where so other also can avoid it.  Hopefully they piss off enough potential customers they either go out of business or change their attitude.  Places like TGI Fridays are a lost cause but if I'm force to go there I simply conceal and no harm no foul.