Author Topic: Question Received about the law changing reguarding Open Carrying in a car  (Read 2258 times)

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
We received this one in or mail bag this morning

Hi.  I open carry as ofter as i can. i do not have my cpl due to the price of it.  I was wondering if there was ever going to be a change in law regarding being able to open carry in my car. I do alot of driving in some bad areas for work and have to constantly get in and out of my car. will there ever be a change?
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
There are often rumblings on this and other aspects of the lawful carry of a firearm every year getting introduced in lansing.  But there is only two sure fire ways to you get your voice heard in Lansing.  1.  Join a group like Michigan Open Carry, the more members we have the louder our voice in Lansing and 2) Contact your legislators in Lansing directly.  If they DONT KNOW how you feel, they will not move off their opinion and favor yours.

Michigan Open Carry is here to help you do that, but we cant do it alone.  We are a nonprofit group that need members like you to join our ranks and support our efforts to get laws off the books that make no sense. 

Randy Davis
Secretary
Michigan Open Carry

I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
Re: Question Received about the law changing reguarding Open Carrying in a car
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
When the gentleman says "contact your rep/senator", the best way is FACE to FACE. Be versed on what it is you are asking. I like to hand them an agenda of what Id like to talk about. Have your name/phone # on the agenda-one for rep and their 'helpers'.

Emails are fine I guess but when one receives dozens/100s, you should be able to understand that they don't carry too much weight.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Question Received about the law changing reguarding Open Carrying in a car
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
I've never seen a post so necro -- this is new!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).