Author Topic: Mothers for Gun control group to hold rally  (Read 3411 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Mothers for Gun control group to hold rally
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2013/03/mid-michigan_moms_urge_us_rep.html

On 4/13. We'll be working with MCRGO to troll their rally with a counter
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline METL

Re: Mothers for Gun control group to hold rally
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »
I think background checks are lame, but what do people expect to happen for private sales?  It's clear that the public will not and cannot be given access to any sort of database like that, so what can people do?   Take to FFL and get charged to do a private deal?    Of course that's ridiculous.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »
The feds won't even allow C&R FFLs to access NICS.

Btw, I was watching the Brit on CNN in a cafeteria tonight, and a BBC reporter, who was also a US citizen, did a "gun buy" at a local gun show.  Since it was from a private seller, she was able to buy an AR15 with tac light and forward vertical grip without a NICS check.  She spouted some misinformation on CNN such as 'by law you must be a US citizen to purchase a gun, but they didn't check,' which is a total lie.  You do not have to be a US citizen to purchase a firearm in the US, but no one at CNN was smart enough to question her lies.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »
The feds won't even allow C&R FFLs to access NICS.

Btw, I was watching the Brit on CNN in a cafeteria tonight, and a BBC reporter, who was also a US citizen, did a "gun buy" at a local gun show.  Since it was from a private seller, she was able to buy an AR15 with tac light and forward vertical grip without a NICS check.  She spouted some misinformation on CNN such as 'by law you must be a US citizen to purchase a gun, but they didn't check,' which is a total lie.  You do not have to be a US citizen to purchase a firearm in the US, but no one at CNN was smart enough to question her lies.

Shocked by CNN doing that? They already been busted on so many flat out lies.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
Shocked by CNN doing that? They already been busted on so many flat out lies.
They are not lying. Their truth is just formulated with a different set of facts.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update