Author Topic: Are you attending the 2A rally on 3/20 in Lansing? Please confirm here  (Read 6074 times)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
If you are 100% committed to being at the rally on the 20th of this month in Lansing please confirm here so that we can have an idea of what our attendance will be.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
100%!! I even have meetings scheduled with my reps.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
Adam, I sent you a PM.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Are you attending the 2A rally on 3/20 in Lansing? Please confirm here
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »
My brother will be in attendance and said he can help at the table if you need him.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
I plan to be there.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Jcas

• The Second Amendment is the Equal Rights Amendment
  • First Name (Displayed): Jcas
I as well as a few of my friends will be there. I also have a scheduled meeting with my senator @ 2pm.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under" --Ronald Reagan

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
In +1

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
My wife and I both plan to attend.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline METL

I plan on being there some how or another....

Offline Raggs

I plan on being there with 4 others

Offline DarkSydeAcres

Re: Are you attending the 2A rally on 3/20 in Lansing? Please confirm here
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »
I'll be bringing a few carloads  from DSA~ :)

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
I am going. Cant wait to meet some of the people I have been talking to but wouldnt know you if we passed each other on the street.

Offline HCT

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
Myself, fiance and good friend will be attending.

Offline right2bear

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
I'll be there... you'll find me setting up, manning, and tearing down the MGO booth. ;)
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy

Offline METL

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »
Another thanks to all the MOC and MGO people that helped out.... it really was a fun event.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:51:28 AM by Super Trucker »

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
I love all the great comments left on MOC's Facebook page, regarding the Lansing Rally for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol:

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry

Here was the comment I made there, which I would like to copy here:

"So cool to finally see kids protected by law abiding, armed citizens. Since, after all, the supposed "Gun Free Zones" are really "Free Fire Zones" for evil people who care nothing for the law, and who now have the ability to roam free from worry that good citizens, armed, will stop them. So all the "Gun Free Zones" have done is to actually leave our most precious citizens - our children - unprotected. It is not the responsibility of children to have to defend themselves from evil and the insane - it is the job of adults. And yet these same adults have done no such thing, leaving our children undefended. Congrats to the citizens openly carrying in the Capitol, with the children there for tours. Its great to see, finally, our children defended, as is our responsibility to them. To State Rep. David Nathan: You are a fool and a facilitator of evil, by your complete lack of understanding of the 2nd Amendment, and how this right protects children, and our state."

There are many comments that I liked, but this one caught my eye, by Dave McKenna:

"Not only does this "Representative" have a complete lack of knowledge regarding State and Federal laws, he fails to realize HE is OUR employee and these "citizens" as he chooses to call them (We are People NOT subordinate citizens) are standing in OUR house. That building belongs to all of us who pay taxes and live in our fine State. What I find terribly troubling is this "citizen" was elected to represent us and introduce and vote on legislation that affects our lives."

Well done, MOC.  Wish I could have been there with you to lend support.

Offline DarkSydeAcres

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
Was Great seeing so many supporters at the 2nd Amendment Rally. Am proud to have been apart of it. Hopefully next time I wont be sick as a dog and will be able to meet some people, Made it a point NOT to spread the sickies... :)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:03 AM »
Well it was nice to have met more members, and to get some new people to join. I only wish I could have been able to walk around a bit more. To those I met, it was nice to put faces to handles.
Tom (Broken ankle at the MOC table)