Author Topic: Where to buy reloading supplies?  (Read 6156 times)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
Where to buy reloading supplies?
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:12 AM »
I just picked up all the required equipment to reload 9mm and .357/.38   The only thing i am missing is Primers and the bullets.  Anyone recommend a good place to buy them locally? (Grand Rapids area)  I have checked silver bullet and they dont carry much so i was hoping someone could recommend a store that has a larger reloading section..  I dont plan to find much at the current time but would like to know where to look when supplies start coming back around.  Im willing to drive quite a ways, so anywhere near here let me know. 

I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Where to buy reloading supplies?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »
Why don't you just buy from Widener's or similar?  Why would you overpay and drive all over?

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
I just picked up all the required equipment to reload 9mm and .357/.38   The only thing i am missing is Primers and the bullets.  Anyone recommend a good place to buy them locally? (Grand Rapids area)  I have checked silver bullet and they dont carry much so i was hoping someone could recommend a store that has a larger reloading section..  I dont plan to find much at the current time but would like to know where to look when supplies start coming back around.  Im willing to drive quite a ways, so anywhere near here let me know.
I think the new Cabelas opens on the 21st of this months and they normally have what your lookin for.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
On Target in Kalamazoo used to have a pretty good selection of reloading supplies. I'm not sure how they're doing at the moment though. My guess is you're going to have a hard time finding 9mm.

Offline Marty

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Marty
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
The Birch Run Gun & Knife Show is coming to the Birch Run Expo Center the 16th & 17th of March.  You might find 9mm there at a premium price.  Finding the small pistol primers now is becoming a challenge to the hobby. 

Offline 32_d3gr33s

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:58 AM »
Why don't you just buy from Widener's or similar?  Why would you overpay and drive all over?

problem is you cant find anything online either...  and primers/powder are subject to a hazmat shipping fee, which was nearly 40 bucks on my last order.  thats a whole lot of driving around i could do and potentially find other stuff in the process.   Im not against buying it online, i just feel i would have a better chance finding it in a store though.  randomly came across 200 small pistol primers at Al and Bob's on division today...

If anyone is selling any (from their personal collection), let me know.  I have cash / ammo i could trade.  or if anyone is interested in trading me some regular small pistol primers, ill have some magnum primers in a couple days...
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:21 PM »
The supplies can be found online with some searching. Prices are at a premium right now. Loading ammo now costs about the same as what factory ammo was going for in Nov.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:16 PM »
On Target in Kalamazoo used to have a pretty good selection of reloading supplies. I'm not sure how they're doing at the moment though. My guess is you're going to have a hard time finding 9mm.

Any excuse to go to On Target is worth it. We go every other week to deposit my paycheck ::)

Some have suggested using small rifle primers in lieu of small pistol primers, by reducing the load.

I might be able to spare a couple of hundred small pistol primers; I know how much it sucks to get a new present, and no 'batteries'... :(
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline 32_d3gr33s

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
Any excuse to go to On Target is worth it. We go every other week to deposit my paycheck ::)
I still have to check it out...  havent had a chance yet.

Some have suggested using small rifle primers in lieu of small pistol primers, by reducing the load.
I have small pistol magnum primers and have heard the same thing...  Although being brand new to this, i would much rather dial in my reloads with the correct components, and then once i feel comfortable with them, then maybe try using them... 

I might be able to spare a couple of hundred small pistol primers; I know how much it sucks to get a new present, and no 'batteries'... :(
let me know if you do wish to part with any.  obviously ill take whatever i can get, but any small amount will definitely help ;)

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
I still have to check it out...  havent had a chance yet.
I have small pistol magnum primers and have heard the same thing...  Although being brand new to this, i would much rather dial in my reloads with the correct components, and then once i feel comfortable with them, then maybe try using them... 
let me know if you do wish to part with any.  obviously ill take whatever i can get, but any small amount will definitely help ;)

I'm on the south end (Cutlerville). Want to meet for coffee?

Offline 32_d3gr33s

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »
I'm on the south end (Cutlerville). Want to meet for coffee?

I actually got lucky today and snagged 1000 from natchezss.com for about the 3 minutes they were for sale. So I think I've got enough to hold me over for a while. I still might like to meet for coffee though. Not enough events this side of the state. Maybe we could get a few people. 

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
The number of events on this side should be changing in the near future. Expect more around the Grand Rapids area.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »
I actually got lucky today and snagged 1000 from natchezss.com for about the 3 minutes they were for sale. So I think I've got enough to hold me over for a while. I still might like to meet for coffee though. Not enough events this side of the state. Maybe we could get a few people.

Got one coming up the 26th of this month...

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,2757.0.html