Linked Events

• CPL Training Course Fundraiser in Taylor: April 20, 2013

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor  (Read 6168 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Register Here
Live in the greater Detroit area?  Looking for training in order to get your Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL)?  Know someone looking for CPL training?

Look no further!

While you get your training, you'll be benefiting Michigan Open Carry, Inc's legal fund.  A generous portion of the proceeds from this class will go towards helping us fight our Michigan Supreme Court Case (Capital Area District Library v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.).  With our victory in the Michigan Court of Appeals, the case is presently in our favor.  This CPL class will help us raise funds to defend our victory as the case goes before the Michigan Supreme Court.  At the same time you get your CPL training -- what a deal!

You get to help preserve and advance rights for firearm owners in Michigan while you get firearm training.

Early Bird Registration available before March 30 @ 11:55 PM (to those who pay in full)

Course Instructor: Randy Davis
Date: April 20, 2013 @ 9:00 AM
14100 Pardee Road
Taylor, MI 48180

Cost:
  • Early Bird Registration (Paid in Full) - $100
  • Regular Registration (Paid in Full) - $105
  • Minimum Deposit/Reservation - $25 (Balance due at start of class payable in Credit Card or Cash only)
All Sales end 3 days before the class
Register Here
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:59:42 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
We had some booking confusion with the venue and the OP has been updated with a new date.

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
I just paid in full for 2 people to attend, hope it helps fill the class. They had to switch days at work with other people to get 4-20 off, but both will be there for sure.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
I just paid in full for 2 people to attend, hope it helps fill the class. They had to switch days at work with other people to get 4-20 off, but both will be there for sure.

+1 -- thank you!

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
+1 -- thank you!
Happy to help out Q

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
That is commendable. I know of another member that has done this in the past to help others that are in need of a little assistance. He did it for participants at the last fundraising CPL class too. And I know he is looking for someone to "sponsor" this time around.

By doing this, you have maximized your donation. MOC get the benefit of shoring up the legal defense fund. And someone in needs gets the training and is one step closer to fulfilling their self defense needs.

Bravo Zulu detroit_fan.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
Thanks Pat! I think I have 1 or 2 more interested, trying to get confirmation that they can go.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Only a week left before the class, so still time for you or your friends to register for it.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER AND ATTEND CLASS TO get your training needed for your CPL.

MOC MEMBERS AND CURRENT CPL HOLDERS:

We do have a few seats still available for those who want to sit in on the CPL CLASS for their "review of required training" required by the state when reapplying for your CPL.  Let me emphasize you are not required to attend a "formal" class given by a Certified instructor, but it always good to get the most up-to date information.

All we ask is that you give a donation to MOC for their legal fund when we pass the hat for donations.

If you would like to sit in on the CPL class, please contact the lead CPL Instructor, Randy Davis to make to get on the list to ensure you wont be turned away, there is only a very limited number of seats.

Randy Davis
Secretary
rdavis@miopencarry.org
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
Quick question, I paid in full for 2 people, do they need to bring anything to show proof of payment or anything?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Quick question, I paid in full for 2 people, do they need to bring anything to show proof of payment or anything?

The email tickets you received (and re-received yesterday).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
CPL class had 7 people show up. One no show. All in all a good day, good students, and the lesson plan ran right on schedule. Thanks to Mellisa Pearce for coming to it, her portion was spot on.

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.