Author Topic: A win for us  (Read 2936 times)

Offline bignaz

A win for us
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
Dont know if its good news but i woke up today and found out this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/19/reid-cuts-assault-weapons-ban-from-senate-gun-control-bill-amid-waning-support/

We got a inch now lets take a mile and win this war. All the supporters are showing weakness why we only get stronger every day. Not only have the normal people said they would die to uphold the Constitution many Sheriff's have said they would do the same as well as other people. The have seen how strong we are and how much we will give to keep our Constitution and are not prepared to give as much as well will to keep our rights into taking them.

Let me be the first to say Thank you to everyone else who was sending out emails and letters every day. People who said no they will not give up these rights, All the LEO's who said they would not enforce it just to name a few. Now we need to turn up the pressure and fight even harder. We have a win and we will win this war.

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Re: A win for us
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
Yeah, that is pretty great news, and they realized they could never get the bill passed with that in there.  As one of the sheriffs who stood against those pushing for gun control, I applaud Collin County Sheriff Terry Box (here local to me in Texas) who also stated he would not enforce any unconstitutional laws the federal government might enact.  I emailed him to thank, then emailed over 200 Texas Sheriffs an "Open Letter To All Texas Sheriffs:  Your Legal Duty Regarding The Second Amendment".  A 3 page slam dunk that let them know that while I appreciate their service, they are the peoples' front line defenders of the Constitution - as they are the only elected law enforcement officers, which a sworn duty to "protect and support" the Constitution.