Author Topic: What style of gun do women carry?  (Read 7378 times)

Offline cherper

• First Name (Displayed): Cheryl
What style of gun do women carry?
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:32:43 PM »
I'm interested to know what style of gun is usually carried by women. I have a XDM 40 and was just wondering how many women carry full frame guns.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: What style of gun do women carry?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »
I know one who carries several different sidearms, from  Sig P238 to a S&W Model 29 44 Magnum, and 45ACP 1911 Government and SA revolvers in 45LC. Oh, I think there's a 38 Special and a 357 Magnum in there, somewhere....

All depends on the 'mission profile' ;D
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline cherper

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
Thanks.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
My daughter-in-law carries a Kimber .45ACP.

Interesting story, she was at the range at Total Firearms, and "Ranger Rick" started making comments about how she/women should not be carrying "big" guns like that.  She ran the target all the way out to 25 yards, drew, and went "bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam," then ran the target back.

Ranger Rick shut his pie-hole after that.

Offline cherper

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »
LOL, I think some men think women should only carry little pink girly guns..sorry, I'm not looking for a cute one, just an effective one.

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »

Interesting story, she was at the range at Total Firearms, and "Ranger Rick" started making comments about how she/women should not be carrying "big" guns like that.  She ran the target all the way out to 25 yards, drew, and went "bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam," then ran the target back.

Bahahahaha...   Rick rubs a lot of people the wrong way... I really think he has good intentions and only wants to help people out...     but that's still pretty damn funny.    :D

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
What style of gun do women carry?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »

Ranger Rick let someone draw from a holster?!?!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »

Bahahahaha...   Rick rubs a lot of people the wrong way... I really think he has good intentions and only wants to help people out...     but that's still pretty damn funny.    :D
I feel the same way. He might seem like a PITA but he is just keeping people safe( from others and themselves). And if your a new shooter he will give you lessons for free. Some people pay good money for what he teaches.

Offline fsr402

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 07:46:30 AM »
LOL, I think some men think women should only carry little pink girly guns..sorry, I'm not looking for a cute one, just an effective one.

Funny, my little sister wants me to carry a pink gun. She says "no one would "F" with you, they would think you're crazy".. LOL

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »
Funny, my little sister wants me to carry a pink gun. She says "no one would "F" with you, they would think you're crazy".. LOL

When my wife was looking at getting a gun, I suggested a cute pink one... If looks could kill she wouldn't need bullets lol
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline JaccFrost

• What do I have to be afraid of? Nothing...
  • First Name (Displayed): Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 11:31:11 PM »
My fiance is not carrying yet but will be carrying a Ruger SR40C when she does..
As someone who carries, I fully accept responsibility and the consequences of my actions..